This is an environment unlike anything in the high-tech world and the secret of Costco’s success is its culture. The value Costco puts on its employees is well documented in articles from a variety of publishers including Bloomberg and Forbes. Our employees and our members come FIRST. Costco is well known for its generosity and community service and has won many awards for its philanthropy. The company joins with its employees to take an active role in volunteering by sponsoring many opportunities to help others. In 2018, Costco contributed over $39 million to organizations such as United Way and Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.
Costco IT is responsible for the technical future of Costco Wholesale, the second largest retailer in the world with wholesale operations in twelve countries. Despite our size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family, employee centric atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. As proof, Costco consistently ranks in the top five of Forbes “America’s Best Employers”.
If you are an ambitious, energetic person who enjoys a fast-paced team environment filled with challenges and opportunities, you've come to the right place. Our successful employees are service-oriented people with integrity and commitment toward a common goal of excellence. This position performs analysis and other tasks necessary to design, configure, and implement Costco’s enterprise network infrastructure with a focus on North America and International connections along with strategic partners. This will involve working with Analysts and Engineers across the Infrastructure and Applications Development areas to create detailed design recommendations and solutions.
If you want to be a part of one of the BEST “to work for” companies in the world, simply apply and let your career be reimagined.
- Develops technologies in the network ecosystem including SDN, Cloud, and traditional data center networks.
- Gathers and analyzes user and project requirements; designs solutions to meet those needs working with Network Analysts, Engineers and other technical and non-technical teams.
- Resolves escalations from our network support team for troubleshooting of network infrastructure.
- Analyzes network capacity and availability to meet networking requirements while maintaining a secure environment.
- Researches new networking solutions to solve problems or deficiencies.
- Documents and diagrams network solutions, configurations, and break/fix steps.
- Mentors and provides documentation and training to Networking Support as well as other technical staff.
- Designs, configures, and implements Enterprise Network platforms.
- Drives to innovate automation at the network layer.
- Develops effective working relationships with vendors providing/supporting hardware and networking services.
- Creates and presents documentation or proposals for projects/tasks.
- Leads networking efforts on large enterprise projects.
- Demonstrated proficiency in a Networking based technology either with work experience or applicable certification.
- Thorough understanding of the OSI model, as well as IPv4 protocol suite.
- Strong troubleshooting skills to isolate network faults.
- Knowledgeable on Security Best Practices, procedures, and compliance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and make confident decisions under pressure.
- Must be a self-starter and able to perform in a quickly changing environment.
- Occasional off-hours work including weekends and holidays, including 24X7 on call rotation.
- Occasional travel both domestically as well as international.
- 4+ years’ experience designing large scalable networks using multiple vendor networking platforms and routing protocols.
- 4 + years’ experience in traditional and Next-Gen / UTM Firewall features: IPS, ZBF, ACLs, NAT, IPSec VPN and GRE tunnels.
- 3+ years’ experience with Fortinet, InfoBlox, F5, Cisco, Juniper.
- 2+ years’ experience with Network monitoring tools, such as LiveAction, Netscout, Splunk.
- Proficient with packet capture tools and network protocol analysis.
- Experience with DNS, DHCP and IP management tools.
- Experience with Unix, Linux, Windows server administration and virtualization.
- Established understanding of Load Balancers and traffic shaping protocols and tools.
- Experience building/supporting highly available, scalable cloud based platforms and infrastructure for cloud native systems.
- Established proficiency of LAN Switching and WLAN 802.11ax controller based and Wireless Bridge technology.
- Knowledgeable with multi factor authentication and authorization processes and protocols, e.g. TACACS+, Radius, ISE, LDAP, AD, authentication services, as well as SAML token/certificate based client authentication.
- Experience with SD-WAN technologies.
- Familiarity with scripting and APIs as they relate to Network Automation.
- CCNP, Fortinet NSE5, F5-CTS.