Functions/Duties of PositionThe Network Architecture & Engineering units provides for analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, security, and optimization of OHSU local and wide area (LAN/WAN) wired and wireless networks, data center networks, and associated infrastructure. As detailed below, the individual positions within this work unit will be required to collaborate and assist staff in other technology work units.
In this unit, the Systems Analyst/Engineer provides a high level, broad spectrum of systems analysis, engineering, and project management for OHSU ITG technology platforms that support Enterprise services and missions. This position would be the liaison for Privacy and Security activity in the network environment, focusing on enhancements, configurations, and development.
Specifically, this position provides for Systems Analysis, Systems Administration, Systems Engineering, Security Administration and Project Management. The primary work for this position is in support of the architecture and operations of OHSU Data Communications and Network Systems and all associated infrastructure. This position supports the underlying technology platforms for these network services including various Operating Systems, Data Communications equipment, Network Topologies and Protocols, Distribution systems, Network Security systems, Network Management Systems, Wireless Technologies, high and low voltage Power Systems and Data Center Network Operations. In addition, this position will provide back-fill to other work units with related responsibilities.
Bachelor's degree, and three years of progressively responsible Information Technology related experience leading to proven proficiency and subject matter expertise in the areas outlined within the class specification; OR
Equivalent alternative educational experience that includes approved coursework, professional certifications as outlined below, vendor training, and seven years of documented professional experience leading to proven proficiency and subject matter expertise in the areas outlined within the class specification; OR
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in designing, implementing and supporting new systems and infrastructure independently
- Experience using one or more formal project management methods (Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Experience in supporting large mission critical systems in 24X7 multiple production environments
- 3 years working with Cisco or Juniper systems
- Experience with TCP/IP, and other networking protocols.
- Crash analysis and troubleshooting
- Application installation and configuration
- Understanding of Microsoft Networks at the operating system level, file/directory security, and user account level
- Enterprise experience with Systems administration (at minimum UNIX and Microsoft), Scripting
- Account setup and maintenance and experience with Active Directory and LDAP services
- Printer cluster setup and maintenance
Job Related Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Expert skills and knowledge in network architectures and topologies
- Expert skills and knowledge in TCP/IP, UDP/IP
- Expert and comprehensive knowledge of the following:
- Network Protocols (TCP/IP, etc.)
- Routing Protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, etc.)
- Network Topologies (Ethernet, Wave Division Multiplexing, etc.)
- Data Communications Equipment (Routers, Switches, WIFI, Radio backhaul, etc.)
- Network Management Tools (SNMP, packet sniffing, management consoles, etc.)
- Premise Distribution Systems (Fiber, Copper Cabling Systems, etc.)
- Working knowledge of VMWare NSX
- Python – REST API, DevOps skillset to automate repetitive tasks and improve network management information sets. Alternatively, experience and successfully completed work in one or more: Scripting and/or programming languages.
- Expert skills and knowledge of Security Toolsets: VPN, Firewalls, advanced ACL methods, Auditing Tools, Intrusion Detection, etc.
- Expert skills using accepted change control management processes
- Expert level knowledge of IT security best practices and processes
- Advanced, broad-based "IT technical generalist" skills
- Advanced and proven technology analytic skills that demonstrate accepted systems analysis processes including expert skills for root cause analysis
- Working knowledge of Power Systems: Remote Power Supplies, UPS, Generators, power loading, etc.
- Working knowledge of Legacy Technology
- Working knowledge of Quality of Service methodologies and practice
- Working knowledge of MPLS (Multi-Protocol-Label-Switching) methodologies and practice
- Working knowledge of project management best practices
- Working knowledge of IP Telephony methodologies and practice
- Network security at the operating system level, file/directory level, and user account level.
- Proven ability to effectively multitask
- Working knowledge of San storage
- Working knowledge of server cluster concepts
- Working knowledge of Web Infrastructure
- Working knowledge of directory services (Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP interfaces, etc.)
Registrations, Certifications, and/or Licenses:
Must posses or be able to obtain necessary certifications within 6 months of hire
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or equivalent entry level certifications from related vendors.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA) or equivalent entry level security certification.
- Certified Information System Security Professional CISSP