We are looking for Network Administrator V for our client in Tigard, OR
Job Title: Network Administrator V
Job Location: Tigard, OR
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Sets up, configures, and supportsinternal or external networks. Develops and maintains all systems, applications, security, and network configurations.
- Troubleshoots network performance issues and creates and maintains a disaster recovery plan. Recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment.
- Provides technical support and guidance to users. May require a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and at least 8years or equivalent experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks. May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor or specialist.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Previous cabling experience and the ability to troubleshoot connections end to end (network device to endpoint/end user)
- Installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of network equipment – Firewalls, routers, switches and wireless devices. Experience with HP network equipment a plus.
- Wireless experience to include AP installation and configuration of SSIDs, wireless security and encryption, guest access and maintenance of on-prem and/or cloud Wireless LAN Controllers
- CCNP level experience to include L2 and L3 technologies, WAN/LAN – VLANs, trunking, spanning tree, QoS and routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- Security and Firewall experience to include installation and configuration of Next-Gen Stateful FW services, FW rulesets, site to site VPN tunnels, SSL VPN connections, Intrusion Prevention/Intrusion Detection and Application Visibility/Control. Experience with Palo Alto a plus
- Phone/VOIP system experience with IP phone installation and maintenance – SIP, G.711/G.729, PRI/T1s – Cisco experience a plus
- Network Administration experience to include network device mapping and analytics tools (Solarwinds, Wireshark), network documentation (Visio), Service Desk ticketing and incident response