A mission-driven professional with Information Technology background and an Active Top Secret/SCI clearance
to become our next Network Administrator
to support the 315th Unclassified Training System (UTS) at Goodfellow AFB (Texas).
As a Network Administrator
- Work within a dynamic AMERICAN SYSTEMS team to provide administration support to a variety of civilian and military customers.
- Join a well-established team that gives you the opportunity to grow.
- Receive robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Be a part of an empowered accountability culture where each employee-owner has a meaningful stake in the future success and growth of the company.
- Enjoy flexibility managing your work hours and personal needs with a single accrual leave plan.
A week in the life of a Network Administrator:
- Plan, install, configure, and maintain network switches, routers, wireless access points, cabling infrastructure, and network security devices such as intrusion detection systems, firewalls, etc.
- Optimize the functionality and performance of network systems and ensures availability, integrity, efficiency, and reliability of network infrastructure.
- Perform testing, troubleshoot, and correct problems relative to interoperability of network device components such as hardware, software, and applications programs to include security and software patches.
- Plan and respond to service outages.
- Diagnose network hardware and infrastructure failures to resolution.
- Perform hardware repair on identified network hardware.
- Implement and ensure security preventive measures are fully functioning.
- Monitor and enhance network performance.
- Implement and maintain backup and disaster recovery capabilities for all identified critical mission networks.
- Test network switch operating system and software upgrades, patches, and hot fixes before they are applied to the operational network.
- Develop and maintain network administration standard operating procedures, technical guides, and instructions.
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. Join us!
Winner National Top Workplace Award 2021
AWARDED Department of Labor HIRE Vets Medallion "Gold Award," MilitaryFriendly.com "Gold, Top 10 Military Friendly Employer," Monster/Military.com "Best Company for Veterans (#3 Nationally)," U.S. Veterans Magazine "Best of the Best Top Veteran-Friendly Company," and Military Times "Best for Vets Employer".
Job RequirementsRequired Education and Experience:
- CompTIA Security+ Certification.
- TS/SCI clearance required.
- 5+ years of experience in:
- Learning Management System administration; hardware, software, and maintenance support.
- System administration, user knowledge and management of Intelligence training applications and systems; Portable Flight Planning System (PFPS), ArcGIS, SOCET GXP, JMPS, JWS, TIPOFF.
- System administration, expertise, and management of VMWare and Thin or Zero client systems.
- Network administration, expertise, and management of network switching, routing, wireless access points, and security systems.
- Building, testing, capturing and deploying system baselines and images.
- Backup and restore processes/data integrity and management.