McKean Defense is an employee owned Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
This is a Network Administrator position supporting the IT Director, McKean management, Government and US. Navy personnel associated with the technical aspects of information systems.
- The position requires the candidate possess an active Secret SSBI security clearance.
- The candidate must have or acquire an IAT Level 2 certification, see instruction DODINST 8570.1-M for guidance.
- Candidate must possess a Microsoft OS Certification, Windows Server 2008 or higher.
- Candidate must have an active CompTIA Security+ certification.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain positive demeanor.
- Ability to organize tasks and services and be able to work with competing priorities.
- Ability to physically maneuver on board US Navy Ships and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite of software, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are essential in this team orientated-customer service position.
- Demonstrable experience with the following:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and or Windows 2012 R2
- Active Directory
- Maintaining and supporting Citrix server solution
- Symantec or McAfee Antivirus
- Tenable Security Center/Nessus Scanner (ACAS)
- Database Administration
- Symantec Endpoint Encryption
- Maintain and support Virtual Private Network (VPN) solution
- Configure, maintain, and support Host Based Security System (HBSS) and clients Windows 10
- VMware ESXi and VDI
- Experience in deployment/implementation of VIEW/Horizon environments
- 3-5 years VMware experience
- Experience with VMware ESXi and VDI Expert
- Experience with VMWare virtualization technologies including vSphere, vCenter management suite.
- Hands on experience setting up and maintaining a production VMware DRS, HA, storage/network multipath.
- Experienced using enterprise storage solutions (SAN/NAS) with Vmware vSphere.