SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe extraordinary environments are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2017 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 7th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
The Ann Arbor office of SmithgroupJJR, named one of Southeast Michigan’s Top 100 Workplaces by the Detroit Free Press for the past 4 years, is looking for a Network Administrator to join our Corporate IT team. As a Network Administrator, you will be responsible for supporting the enterprise network and Unified Communications, data, voice and video infrastructure. In this role you will also be responsible for incident, problem and change management of network and Unified Communications related issues. This position will be a liaison to network related suppliers and vendors along with ensuring production availably of thenetwork infrastructure.
Working with us, you will:
- Be responsible for installing, maintaining and supporting the enterprise network infrastructure including but not limited to Cisco switches, routers, wireless access points, firewalls, etc.
- Implement, test and support SmithGroupJJR's telecommunication systems, including data networks and Unified Communications to foster integration and operability
- Maintain network and Unified Communications hardware and software; analyze problems, test new solutions and monitor networks to ensure availability to users
- Research network and telecommunication hardware, software and tools
- Follow and/or implement policies, strategies, standards, and procedures related to corporate guidelines
- Perform diagnosis, troubleshooting and resolution for intermediate to complex networking communication issues
- Work with Cisco Technical Assistance Center to provide logs and troubleshoot more complex issues
- Test, certify, install and configure new and upgraded network and video conferencing hardware and software
- Monitor network capacity, maintain documentation
- Perform network studies and traffic analyses
- Be responsible for ownership of incident, problem and change management network-related issues
- Perform root cause analysis to quickly recover from any network service interruption, and to prevent recurring problems
- Work in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment
- Some travel may be required
An ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent job experience
- 4+ years of network experience (WAN, LAN, WLAN, Firewall, etc.)
- 2+ years of relevant experience in networking and communications implementation and troubleshooting
- Experience with troubleshooting network services such as DHCP, DNS, VPN
- Solid technical understanding of network topologies
- Self-motivated, with strong time-management and project-management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently and effectively complete work assignments and projects in a timely fashion
- Network Certification preferred (CCENT, CCNA, Network+)
SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Interested in joining us? Get started today by clicking the link below
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
SmithGroupJJR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.