Seeking a technically competent and results oriented individual for the position of Network Administrator(s) at our Mississauga location.
If you want to join a team of experienced network professionals who are passionate about technology and client satisfaction, then this opportunity is for you. The network administrator is part of a core group of technical professionals that are responsible for managing and supporting the IT infrastructure in CGI Data Centre environments. The network administrator will be responsible for network related deployment, support and management.
The successful candidate will be joining an enthusiastic team that is eager to share knowledge and experience. Day to day challenges are shared with the team during weekly knowledge enhancement sessions which have proven to enrich the overall technical expertise of the team.
You will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology platforms which include Cisco, F5 and Checkpoint. We offer a dynamic work environment and numerous career advancement opportunities.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Network Administration - support, maintenance and implementation
• Priority is given to applicants with experience in automation using Puppet, Ansible, Python, etc…
• Patch management implementation, operations, and procedures. Security and defects vulnerability assessment, review and evaluate remediation plans
• Documentation of procedures, create network implementation plans and network diagrams.
• Provide rotational 7x24 on-call support.
• Willing to work shifts, after-hours and weekends as required; occasionally in a short notice due to emergencies (i.e.: Deploy a security patch on a firewall to mitigate a vulnerability risk)
• Create reports as required including: Capacity & Performance, Availability, SLA, Volumetric and others.
• Keep informed of emerging and developing technologies in Information Technology, with a focus on Network security strategies.
• Interface with various stakeholders (i.e.: Project Managers, Client Delivery Managers, Network Designers & Architects, etc...) regarding projects, implementation and operational issues.
• Adhere to Incident management and change management procedures.
• Manage and report time accurately as per assignments.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• College or University Degree in a computer related field or related work experience.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar position in a large network environment.
• Experience in network operations and implementation and a good understanding of LAN, WAN and firewall management methodologies.
• Solid understanding of switching and routing protocols including STP, VTP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, etc…
• Sound knowledge of VPN protocols (IPSEC, SSL, etc…)
Extensive Experience in some or all of the following:
• Cisco Switches (IOS and Nexxus) and Routers.
• Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure - ACI
• Cisco Load Balancers (ACE).
• Cisco Firewalls (ASA 55XX and Next-Gen) using Command Line Interface (CLI) and Cisco Security Manager (CSM).
• Juniper Firewalls.
• F5 Load balancers: Local Traffic Manager (LTM) & Global Traffic Manager (GTM).
• Check Point Firewalls/VPN appliances.
• Experience in designing and developing automation workflows using Ansible, Puppet, Python, etc...
• Sound knowledge of DNS.
• Cisco Certifications: CCNA, CCNP or equivalent.
• Check Point Certifications: CCSA, CCSE.
• F5 Certifications: F5-CA
• Sound knowledge of ITIL Standards or certification preferred
• Self-motivated, highly organized and capable of operating effectively on independent tasks and in group-related projects.
• Good written and oral communication skills, a positive attitude and solid customer service skills are essential.
The following are assets:
• Cisco CCIE
• UNIX/Linux administration and scripting language.
• Must have own and independent mean of transportation
• Canadian Citizenship
Position ID: J0718-2183