Olam International is a leading agri-business operating across the value chain in 70 countries, supplying various products across 16 platforms to over 23,000 customers worldwide. From a direct sourcing and processing presence in most major producing countries, Olam has built a global leadership position in rice, sugar, cocoa, edible nuts, spices & vegetable ingredients. In 2016 Fortune recognized Olam at #23 in its ‘Change the World’ list.
We’re making food better. Come join us.
The primary responsibility of a Network Administrator is to provide the technical expertise needed to support day-to-day network operations for Olam Americas. This includes leading efforts to design, implement, maintain and audit a rapidly growing network topology that meets the needs of a challenging set of development, operations and business requirements. The Network Administrator will be expected to demonstrate innovative approaches to solving the unique challenges inherent to the role, and be able to maintain the security and integrity of the operational networks. The ideal candidate will have a very strong understanding of core LAN and WAN networking concepts, experience instrumenting and monitoring network devices along with knowledge of advanced and leading-edge networking technologies.
General responsibilities include maintenance and administration of networks and related support systems, troubleshooting and resolving issues related to systems and networks, and implementation of network projects. This includes supporting technology needs of end-users throughout the organization and management of junior network staff.
- Maintain the network at the highest level of performance and availability.
- Accountability for ensuring availability of services and infrastructure in the production environment
- Provide networking expertise and guidance to the IT Infrastructure team.
- Respond to after-hours emergencies; lead the mitigation and resolution processes.
- Research, develop, and implement new technologies and best practices.
- Develop and maintain documentation for systems and services.
- Proactively monitor and audit the health and availability of the networks.
- Develop tools and processes to automate tasks.
- Participate in technical, scalability and growth decisions.
- Assist in troubleshooting complex network issues
- Establishes network specifications in conjunction with the Infrastructure Managers.
- Secure the network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation processes and solutions;
- Meet financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; annual maintenance, monitoring and operational expenses.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for new and varied requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Must have 10+ years of experience architecting, implementing, and administering advanced, Enterprise level LAN/WAN and Wireless LAN Network Systems.
- Must have 7+ years of experience working with enterprise-class routers, firewalls, switches and other network appliances.
- Must have 5+ years of working with a VoIP/converged networks, QoS policies, DMVPN, BGP, MPLS, EIGRP, OSPF, LACP, GLBP, HSRP, STP, VTP, Route redistribution, and Path Control.
- Must have 6+ Years deploying and supporting VPN (Site-to-site and SSL).
- Must have experience deploying and supporting LDAP and Port Based Network Access Control in a Wireless LAN environment (802.1x).
- 4+ years of experience implementing and supporting Radius and Cisco Secure Access Control Server (TACACS).
- Must have 5+ Years of experience deploying and supporting Cisco Nexus Switches.
- Must have 3+ years Wi-Fi deployment planning, troubleshooting, resolution of Wireless issues.
- Must have previous experience with implementation and operation of PaloAlto/Panorama and F5.
- Project management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Project Management certification a plus.
- CCNP, CCNP Security, JNCIP Routing or Security and CWNA certifications or equivalent experience required.
- Advanced certifications a plus.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Olam Americas, Inc. provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation.