NES Associates is looking for a candidate to work for a DoD Agency providing LAN Management / Network Administration support services. Candidate will be expected to provide network administration for the Local Area Network (LAN) in order to administer management solutions to ensure effective daily operations and to resolve problems as they arise.
Candidate must be capable of the following:
- Identify high level design requirements for the backbone to include redundancy, maintainability and disaster recovery requirements.
- Identify the detailed design requirements for the backbone to include server locations, user locations, projected traffic flows between devices, layer three devices and layer four protocols (Transmission Control Protocol).
- Design, implement, and sustain solutions to include the following:
- Overall topology (switch interconnection locations, Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) scenarios, etc.).
- Layer two design: spanning tree, trunking, speeds.
- Operational Information: node addressing, server addressing (if changes are required).
- QoS (Quality of Service)
- Switchport level access controls and notification.
- Streaming video IP protocols.
- Wireless LAN.
- IPv6 assessment and integration plan.
- 802.1x – protocols and appliances
- DNS/DHCP appliances
- Wireless Intrusion Detection (WIDS)
- Develop and perform testing requirements (critical items that need to be tested) to include: Features, Applications, Operating systems, Redundancy, and Capacity.
- Develop and implement Fail-over solutions.
- Troubleshoot and support existing production networking infrastructure (Cisco routers and switches) as well as newly installed technologies. On-call duty will be required.
- Capable of using a lab environment for scenario simulation, testing and training.
- Knowledge transfer to the NTS-LAN government employee staff and/ or contract personnel supporting the current contract.
- Support network monitoring tools not limited to but including Hewlett Packard Enterprise Openview, Network Automation, Network Node Manager i, Concord eHealth, WhatsUp Gold, Solar Winds, including commands, scripts and utilities.
- Install, configure and maintain networking hardware and software for the DLA, Information Operations, Enterprise Network Infrastructure.
- Knowledgeable in troubleshooting, administering, configuring and maintaining the following:
- Enterasys, Brocade, and/or Cisco Catalyst and Nexus network hardware and software.
- INFOBLOX Grid Manager
- Pulse Secure IC Series Unified Access Control Appliance
- Great Bay Beacon Server
- Cisco Access Control Servers (ACS)
- Cisco Prime, Wireless Controllers and access points
- Network sniffer technologies, including WildPackets, OmniPeek, NetScout InfiniStream
- Network Management Software, including HPE Network Automation (NA), HPE Network Node Manager (NMNi), Concord eHealth, RedSeal, NetSight, Wildpackets, Solarwinds/Orion, SecureCRT
- Knowledgeable in troubleshooting, administering, and maintaining the following:
- Open Systems Interconnection model (OSI model) Layers 1-7
- Network Protocols, including IPv6 and IPv4 (TCP, UDP, ICMP, IGMP, ARP, AH, ESP, VRRP)
- IEEE Standards: 802.1x, 802.1Q, 802.1s, 802.1D, 802.1W, 802.1ax, 802.3, 802.11
- Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting Protocols, including TACACS+ and RADIUS
- Provide problem diagnosis, data capture, analysis and resolution of LAN problems.
- Manage and monitor the Enterprise Network Infrastructure LAN and Enterprise Data Centers.
- Provide high-level problem diagnosis, i.e., data capture and analysis, in resolving LAN problems for both internal and external customers.
- Provide cable/network testing analysis through the use of cable testing equipment and/or sniffers.
- Familiar with Arcsight Logger to ensure audit logs are captured and stored properly.
- Familiar with fiber optic cable use, maintenance and fabrication for building infrastructure; and IEEE 802x networking standards.
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable patches including Information Assurance Vulnerability Assessments (IAVAs), Information Assurance Vulnerability Bulletin (IAVBs), and Tasking (TAs) for their network environment (NE).
- Knowledgeable of Wireless LAN to determine the location, installation, and cabling requirements for access points and antennas.
- Capable of using man-lift for the installation of access points, antennas, and cabling required for established service and to retrieve defective units for repair.
- Perform troubleshooting normally associated with network-connected terminals for software and hardware problems.
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair/install interior building network cable infrastructure.
- Manage accounts, networks rights, and access to the network environment systems and equipment.
CANDIDATE MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- 10 years of experience
- IT-1 Eligible (Secret with SSBI or Top Secret clearance)
- IAT II certified (one of the following): Security+CE, CCNA Security, GISCP, GSEC or SSCP
- CE Certification (one of the following): CCNA, CCNP, CCSP, CCSE NGX, SCNA, CCSE NGX Plus NG with AI, CCMSE NG with AI, CSMSE NG with AI Plus VSX, NSA, ESE