Join BAE Systems' Intelligence and Security Sector and be part of an agile team that enables our employees to support our customers and their missions. As a Network Administrator, you will provide support for implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of IT networks, managing IT network infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Collaborating with an innovative technical team, you will isolate and resolve hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof. The Network Administrator will integrate new technologies into new and existing systems (e.g. transition and migration of corporate systems), working on the forefront of some of the world's most complex IT challenges.
As Network Administrator, you will also provide the following:
- Support for IT networks including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the network architecture and devices
- Tier 2 and Tier 3 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem
- Support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Installation management to include creating list of materials, bills of materials, estimating installation project timelines, determining installation team requirements, successfully executing installation projects, and documenting project status
- Equipment rack installation and equipment installations within a variety of locations that includes, but is not limited to, data centers, equipment rooms, communications closets, operations centers, and user workspaces
- Troubleshooting that maintains the integrity and configuration of network components
- Implementation of operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Hardware infrastructure site surveys, planning, and design
- Recommendations on hardware, cabling, and equipment requirements
- Planning, building, and installation services regarding cable patch panels and cable infrastructure
- Installation and termination of all types of standard IT cables and fiber
Must be able to maintain an active TS/SCI CI Polygraph.Salary Range:
$50,500 - $154,800Employee Benefits:
At BAE Systems, we believe in supporting our employees in all aspects of their life including health, financial, and well-being. Employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance, health savings accounts, 401(k), disability coverage, life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program and other perks that offer discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance, as well as a legal plan. Our leave programs include paid time off, holidays, as well as other types of leave including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.Required Education, Experience, & Skills Education:
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Junior - HS Diploma / GED & 6 yrs, Associates & 4 yrs, Bachelors & 2 yrs, or Masters
- Journeyman - HS Diploma / GED & 8 yrs, Associates & 6 yrs, Bachelors & 4 yrs, or Masters & 2 yrs, or PhD
- Senior - HS Diploma / GED & 10 yrs, Associates & 8 yrs, Bachelors & 6 yrs, Masters & 4 yrs, or PhD & 2 yrs
- Subject Matter Expert - HS Diploma / GED & 12 yrs, Associates & 10 yrs, Bachelors & 8 yrs, or Masters & 6 yrs, or PhD & 4 yrs
Bachelor's and the following years' experience:
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
- Jr - 2+ yrs
- Journeyman - 4+ yrs
- Sr - 6+ yrs
- SME - 8+ yrs
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.