McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
This is a Network Administrator position supporting the IT Director, McKean management, Government and US. Navy personnel associated with the technical aspects of information systems. Responsibilities include:
- Connect computers, printers and other devices and facilitate communication and resource sharing between all of the devices.
- Research the best way to design a given network, taking into consideration constraints such as building layout, proximity to threats, and budget.
- Have an understanding of server operating systems, electrical concepts, security and problem solving.
- Must be able to follow direction and at times be a self-starter.
- Assistance may be required for all ships force departments.
- Obtain and maintain the various administrative requirements of new construction ships.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, a minimum of five (5) years’ experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- The position requires the candidate possess an active Secret SSBI security clearance.
- The candidate must have or acquire an IAT Level 2 certification, see instruction DODINST 8570.1-M for guidance.
- Candidate must possess the following certifications: Microsoft OS Certification Windows Server 2008 or higher, CompTIA Security+.
- Candidate will need to organize tasks and services be able to work with competing priorities.
- Must be able to physically maneuver on board US Navy Ships and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Experience with the MS Office suite of software, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are essential in this team orientated-customer service position.
- VMware ESXi and VDI
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and or Windows 2012 R2
- Windows 7 and or Windows 10
- Active Directory
- Configure, maintain, and support Host Based Security System (HBSS) and clients
- Maintain and support Citrix server solution
- Maintain and support Virtual Private Network (VPN) solution
- Symantec or McAfee Antivirus
- Symantec Endpoint Encryption
- Tenable Security Center/Nessus Scanner (ACAS)
- Database Administration