This is a great time to consider Practice Velocity. We are seeing continuous growth and are adding positions.
The Network Administrator will serve in advisory role in the project planning and execution process. This process includes defining the needs, benefits, costs, and tasks required to complete each project. Tasks completed for each project are discussed daily in a team setting.
- We can fill this position at a level II or Senior depending on candidateexperience.
- We will not be able to provide sponsorship (i.e. H1B Visa) now or in the future.
- Provide all levels of support to Practice Velocity’s employees when needed.
- Troubleshoot IT related Issues with technical and non-technical employees.
- Installation of Windows servers, workstations, and networking equipment.
- Installation and maintenance of server, networking, and other hardware devices and cabling.
- Work on daily projects in a team and individual setting.
- Active Directory Administration and maintenance.
- Adhere to and enforce Security policies.
- Provide rotational off hours support to staff.
- Available for off hour system maintenance and upgrades.
- Prioritize, track, and complete assigned tasks.
- Organize IT-related paperwork and other items.
- Keep management updated on all tasks.
- Perform and maintain system backups.
- Perform daily health checks of all critical systems.
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to manage support requests as needed.
- Ability to identify and solve Tier 1 problems.
- Perform basic installation and configuration of blade servers and blade server components.
- Understanding of VLANs. Ability to use protocol analyzers to diagnose problems.
- Installation and configuration of Windows operating system. AD knowledge of group policy, FSMO roles, and forests. Ability to configure AD account settings. Exchange knowledge and the ability to perform maintenance and upgrades.
- Understanding of ITIL change management concepts.
- Ability to make cables. Ability to run patch cables and connect servers/workstations to switches. Install rack mount servers into racks.
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of server backup software.
- Installation and configuration of server/networking equipment checks.
- Ability to prioritize work and activities. Use time efficiently; schedule and track projects. Document project status changes.
- Keep all paperwork and other items organized and filed.
- Keep management apprised of new and/or updated information about projects or other issues. Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers. Ability to write reports – business correspondence and other IT information. Work well in a group problem solving situation.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- At least four years of similar work experience.
- VMWare experience.
- Experience with HP and Cisco hardware is preferred.
- Understanding of ITSM concepts is a plus.
Every team member at Practice Velocity exhibits our core values:
- Team player
- Positive energy
- Continuous improvement
- Clients win