The Network Administrator provides technical expertise for the support of the Corporate IT network to include design, implementation and Tier III support of the IP Networks, Wide Area Networks, Local Area Networks, Wireless and Security Systems. Support and maintain the associated infrastructure such as Routers, Switches, WAPs, VPNs, Firewalls and SIEM system. This position requires extensive IP networking, security, monitoring and problem resolution experience, including the ability to design solutions, plan growth, and successfully facilitate networking support for IT projects and business partners to ensure that all business strategies and goals are achieved. This position will require a dependable focus on process design and implementation to support operational and compliance objectives. In addition, will be assigned tasks, projects, and responsibilities with greater sensitivity, complexity and impact to the organization and is expected to assume a leadership and mentoring role.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design, deploy and support the internal Corporate IT Network to ensure optimal performance and customer requirements and service level agreements are met. Develop work breakdown structures for successful project estimating.
- Commit to delivery dates and work with management, team members, contractors and other staff to prioritize and meet delivery targets. Drive the continual improvement of processes in support of security and regulatory compliance objectives.
- Work closely with IP operational support staff, project groups, and business partners to ensure proposed and implemented solutions meet IT standards, customer requirements and are operated in such a manner to meet the agreed level of service.
- Evaluate, monitor and make recommendations to ensure optimal network performance. Evaluate and integrate new technology into the Corporate IT Network.
- Develop and maintain a Corporate IT Network infrastructure roadmap, Maintain IT Network documentation, policies, procedures and standards. Maintain code revisions on all Network Switches, Routers, Wireless APs, VPN concentrators, firewalls.
- Manage the design, implementation, and support of a diverse security infrastructure including firewalls, IDS/IPS, secure web gateways, endpoint security, vulnerability scanners, SIEM, and DLP
- Research and keep abreast of emerging threats and cyber security trends.
- Research and recommend emerging security technologies and tools to address current and future threats
- Assist in the review, development, and documentation of corporate security policies.
- Conduct activities to raise corporate awareness of cyber security policies, activities,
- Lead proactive audits of environment to measure compliance with policies, standards and controls. Provide Tier III support escalation from Network Administrator(s) for problem diagnosis and resolution. Attend training and provide training support to IT Network Administrators.
- Troubleshoot end to end network connectivity using command line tools. (ex. PCAP, Wireshark, TCP dump, snoop etc.)
- Perform other duties and complete projects not specified on this job description, as assigned.
- Project Coordination Skills - Must process strong organization, planning, analytical and problem solving skills. Will assist project managers and directors in leadership and management of all aspects projects on multiple, small-scale project planning, execution, timing, and functionality, quality, communication, and cost. Will draft and update project plans as directed by the project manager, lead meetings for issues, risks, change, and action items. Maintain project plans, provide project metrics, facilitate weekly update meetings, and create/update compliance and project documentation. Ensure timely and accurate communication with project staff throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Self Directed / Cross-Functional Leader - Ability to perform in a self directed manner, with the ability to lead cross functional teams as necessary. One who recognizes the importance of the circle of influence in driving organizational accomplishment.
- Technology Understanding and Expertise - Big picture view of telecom networks (Ethernet, IP, MPLS, TLS, SONET, switching, wireless), the technologies, process and systems used to engineer, design, build and operate such networks. More importantly, understanding the technology trends that are of importance to your customers and having the skills to serve as a trusted advisor to customers in the technology space.
- Communication Skills Written & Oral - Must have excellent oral and written communications skills. Able to succinctly describe status of business.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS or equivalent. Relevant job experience may be substituted for degree requirement on a year-for-year basis. Current Cisco CCNA required plus three (3) to five (5) or more years of general IT experience of which at least four must have been as a Network Administrator working with switches, routers, firewalls and VPNs.Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite, to include: Word, Excel, Outlook and Access. F5 BIG-IP, IDS/IPS, SIEM and VOIP experience is preferred. Regulatory compliance directives such as PCI-DSS, SOX and best practices such as ITIL preferred.