At Criterion Systems, we developed a different kind of business—a company whose real value is a reputation for excellence built upon the collective skills, talents, perspectives, and backgrounds of its people. By accepting a position with Criterion Systems, you will join a group of professionals with a collaborative mindset where we share ideas and foster professional development to accomplish our goals. In addition to our great culture, we also offer competitive compensation and benefit packages, company-sponsored team building events, and advancement opportunities. To find out more about how Criterion can help you take your career to the next level please visit our website:
Criterion Systems is seeking a Network Administrator II to provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT networks. This position will provide support for IT networks including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all the network architecture and devices. Other duties may include but not be limited to:
- Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem.
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process.
- Isolate and resolve of hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof.
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems.
- Supports hardware infrastructure site surveys, planning, and design.
- Provide transition planning and support services that accelerate delivery timelines, reduce operational risk and ensure service continuity during transition.
- Provide transition planning and support for the migration of existing services between environments (migration to Cloud environments), migration of users from existing service platforms to new service offerings and transition of services into operations.
- Provides guidance to lower level technicians and specialists.
- Works individually and actively participates on integrated teams.
- Understands and applies more advanced concepts and processes to daily activities.
- Assists more senior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities.
- Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians or specialists.
- Provide O&S of LAN/WAN services on an expanded 24x7-service support level on-site and expanded 12x5 service support level during core hours and on-call support with two-hour response time during non-core hours.
- Provide manhole maintenance and repairs services of outside plan cabling on a standard 8x5 service support level for communications.
- Active TS/SCI - No exceptions.
- 4+ years’ experience working as a Network Administrator
- DoD 8140.01 and 8570.01-M, IAT II required
- Plans, builds, and installs cable patch panels and cable infrastructures.
- Installs and terminates all types of standard IT cable and fiber.
- Manage IT network infrastructure and any processes related to these systems.
- Makes recommendations on hardware, cabling, and equipment requirements.
- Provides installation management to include creating list of materials, bills of materials, estimating installation project timelines, determining installation team requirements, successfully executing installation projects, and documenting project status.
- Provides equipment rack installation and equipment installations within a variety of locations that includes, but is not limited to, data centers, equipment rooms, communications closets, operations centers, and user workspaces.
- Bachelor's Degree in an realated IT field