Purpose of Job
This role is will maintain and monitor networking equipment, servers and other hardware devices on the wide area network as well as participate in the ongoing support for corporate infrastructure across Nippon Seiki’s North American group companies (NSNA). Also, this role is will perform a variety of maintenance, installation, end-user support and training tasks to ensure network performance meets the company and user requirements.
- Maintain and provide support of networking technologies such as routing, switching, firewalls, wireless, and unified communications.
- Maintain network monitoring and network security systems.
- Acts as a technical escalation point for the support desk and other members of the IT team.
- Participate as a team member in assigned projects.
- Maintain and provide support of servers including physical hardware, SAN storage, VMware/Windows/Linux operating systems, and data backup systems.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or equivalent applicable work experience
- Related4+ years’ professional IT experience preferred
- 2+ years’ experience with the latest versions of some or all of the following is required:
- Cisco/Meraki/Fortinet equipment, WLC, and general route/switch,
- Microsoft Windows Server
- VMware vCenter, vSphere
- Storage Platforms (EMC, Nimble, Netapp and Compellent), including iSCSI/FC/FCoE
- SolarWinds Orion / SIEM / SOAR experience