A Typical Day
Setup, configure, and support of internal and external networks. Develops and maintains all systems, applications, security and network configurations. Troubleshoots network performance issues. Creates and maintain a disaster recovery plan. Recommends upgrades, patches and new applications and equipment. Provides technical support and guidance to users. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Network switches, routers, and external data connections.
- Administration of network perimeter security. Firewall, A.V., Anti-Spam and URL content filtering.
- Installation and support of Windows server operating system, including services packs and upgrades.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of MSSQL database.
- Ongoing develop and deployment of disaster recovery plan.
- Storage technology configuration and management.
- VERITAS Backup Exec configuration and management.
- Data and systems security, and systems maintenance procedures development.
- Troubleshooting assistance for business and technical staff operational issues.
- Desktop and enterprise applications installations, upgrades, testing, and deployment.
- VOIP/PBX support and administration
- Mentor peers
- Communicate with those who are part of the systems user community and management in a simple convincing manner and on all levels with peers.
- Promote Company Culture
- Achieve common business goals through cooperative alignment with all departments.
What You Will Need
- English skills must be proficient to understand, read, write and speak English
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- 8 years hands-on network and systems administration experience
- CCNP Certification
- Proficient with Windows operating system installation for servers and workstations, Windows security and administrative tools, and Windows network components.
- Working knowledge of server-related technology (e.g. RAID, SAN, cluster, services, and network applications).
- Strong understanding of computer hardware and networking.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technologies, Computer Engineering, Management Information systems or related field.
- Master’s Degree
- Professional Certifications: CCIE and CCDA
- Desired skills include a working knowledge of M.S. SQL Server, M.S. Exchange Server, M.S. Server 2K3 R2, ODBC connections, switches, routers, and firewalls.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to:
- Stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or hear.
- Sit, Stand and / or walk almost the entire workday.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to the following:
- Exposure to dust, fumes, smoke, gases, or other irritating substances.
- Exposure to solvents or chemicals.
- Exposure to slippery walking surfaces: water.
- Exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity depending on time of year.