What part will you play?
Network Administrator will provide network documentation and support as well as establishing and maintaining user accounts, user access privileges and security policies.
• Plan high and low speed LAN connections
• Implement high and low speed LAN designs
• Plan and implement VPN solutions to include site-to-site VPN's built between hardware based firewalls
• Manage hardware firmware revisions to include testing latest firmware revisions on current configurations and deploying when deemed appropriate
• Configure common network equipment for operation
• Collaborate with Security System Technicians on connectivity requirements and procedures
• Troubleshoot common network equipment
• Document common network equipment configurations and settings
• Integrate new technologies into existing high and low speed networks
• Audit network component hardware and software changes
• Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weakness
• Install and troubleshoot common enterprise class network equipment to include firewalls, routers, and switches
• Install/Troubleshoot fiber cross connects to existing backbone cabling
• Work with corporate network team to establish corporate connectivity in order to support VPN connectivity
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• Must currently hold an active TS/SCI NSA/CSS Sensitive CI Information clearance with a CI poly required, but a Full-Scope preferred.
• At least six (6) years' experience in network system /subsystem support and maintenance to include performance of network system/subsystem testing using a Windows based operating system for network connectivity (IP and Domain Name Service (DNS) configuration).
• Current certification required in the following:
o Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or
o CompTIA Network +. DoD 8570
o Compliance with Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II or higher is required.