Job Title: Network Administrator
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire
"Due to the nature of the assignment, Only US Citizens or Green Card Holders may apply"
- The Network Controller will serve as the technical expert responsible for the monitoring, operating and managing, troubleshooting and restoring to service any of the components comprising the DISN or DRSN networks.
- These include data/voice communications equipment, multiplexers (such as modems, circuit switching units, data switching units, secure telephone switches and PBX's), data terminal equipment, (such as front-end processors, routers, 3270/SNA devices) and transmission media (such as coaxial and twisted pair cables, satellite, microwave, and fiber optics both vendor-provided and government-owned).
- Performs pro-active monitoring of network elements alarms and alerts to identify those components/elements that may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure.
- Accomplishes this through the use of network management system(s) and associated assets on a continuous (rotating shifts) basis.
- Performs fault isolation and diagnostic/assessment functions to include determination and execution of corrective action(s) on a real-time basis.
- Interfaces with functional users as well as remote operations centers in both routine and reactive monitoring situations.
- Maintains logs and records associated with reported problems or situations.
- Executes all reporting functions and data input associated with network management.
- Monitors security posture of network(s); reports suspected violations to the designated authority.
- Coordinates with configuration management and implementation entities to ensure optimum dissemination of information and network efficiency.
- Performs operator level maintenance on all components/assets associated with network management systems.
- Provides functional guidance, supervision, technical support, training and quality assurance/quality control to Level I, and Intermediate personnel.
- Supports senior staff as required and ensures customer requirements and project milestones are met.
- B.S. or M.S. degree plus four years of experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- CompTIA Security+ Certification (or DoD Directive 8570 equivalent).
- DoD Secret Clearance.
- Strong written communication skills.
- ITIL 2007 (v.3) or greater.
- Cisco CCNA, Juniper JNCIP or CompTIA Network+.
- Desired Device Experience
- Call Manager.
- Multipoint Control Unit (MCU).
- Network encryption (KIV/KG).
- Multimedia Gateway.
- Multimedia Gatekeeper.
- Network Management Systems - Remedy, HP OpenView, Cisco Prime, Netcool, INMS.