We are looking for Network Administrator - Cloud Services, OpenStack - Remote / Telecommute for our client in Naperville, IL
Job Title: Network Administrator - Cloud Services, OpenStack - Remote / Telecommute
Job Location: Naperville, IL
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Prior success of cloud implementation in a real-work production environment.
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administrations skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
- Experience with Puppet in production environments with many nodes.
- Hands on experience with RedHat Openstack.installation, configuration, and
- Hands on experience with virtualization technologies (KVM, images, templates
- Hands on experience with Cloud APIs (OpenStack, VMware)
- Hands on experience with cloud orchestration APIs (OpenStack HEAT)
- Strong scripting skills with python, bash, perl, groovy, java, yaml, etc.
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN?s, DNS, load balancing and firewalling.
- Strong experience with HP and Dell Computers and Switches, i.e. HW bring-
- up with IPMI, ILO, BIOS, and FW upgrades, RAID configurations, etc.
- Knowledge of data formats (XML, JSON, etc.)
- Experience with automated testing tools (i.e. JMeter, etc)
Qualifications and Work Experience: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- BSE or MSE in Computer or Telecommunications Engineering
- 5+ years of experience with software integration.
- Knowledge of cloud orchestration APIs
- Proven track record of technical leadership
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work
- effectively across internal and external organization
Typical Tasks for the job role:
- Setup servers with IPMI addresses, RAID setup
- Configure the switches with layer 2 provisioning
- Check and validate cabling and connections, i.e. make sure ports are green, check each
- connection able to communicate to the switches, etc.
- Integrate the uplinks to the customer router
- Build the hypervisor
- Build undercloud VM
- Install overcloud
- Run standalone test to verify the installation is complete successfully.
- Configure tenants, flavors, build networks
- Provide access info document to VNF owners such as AZ, Network, Flavor
- Install CBAM
- Configure CBAM and on-board VNF, load VNF images, etc
- Provides support during VNF instantiation and integration.