Amentum is seeking individuals who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who take time for the things that they have a passion to do on a daily basis. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about making a difference by working on mission critical efforts that we manage as a premier government contractor.
This contract is supporting the Air Force by providing technical support for in their datacenters to ensure operations run smoothly across the world!
What to expect in this role!
- Support the overall network infrastructure at the MTFs and respond to, detect, report, record, diagnose and resolve the occurrence of network faults.
- Install, test, terminate and maintain cable.
- Troubleshoot wiring problems.
- Inspect wiring drops.
- Troubleshoot serial communication lines.
- Operate and maintain Network Management Systems (NMS).
- Operate and maintain Network Operating Systems (NOS).
- Support diagnostics and configuration connectivity of MHS site/service specific servers, such as DBSS, CHCS, AHLTA, MHS GENESIS, DMLSS, operating systems, office automation, and other systems as specified with subsequent task orders.
- Operate and maintain security firewalls/Virtual Private Network (VPN) devices.
- Assist with DHA Infrastructure deployments and technical hardware refresh initiatives.
- Maintain documentation necessary for operations in support of LAN to WAN connectivity.
- Support the integration of network hardware and software platforms for WAN/LAN connected systems and medical AISs at MTFs, clinics, etc. as directed by the COR.
- Address user concerns with the LAN/WAN service provider and alert users to routine maintenance impacting circuits.
- Maintain and manage Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs).
- Measure network performance and connectivity.
- Install, relocate, configure, modify and test routers, hubs, switches, wireless access points and associated controllers, and terminal servers.
Amentum is a premier global government and private-sector partner whose experience, passion and purpose drive mission success. Amentum’s culture of safety, operational excellence, and ethics was formed throughout our 116-year heritage and sharpened by our unrelenting dedication to the customer’s mission.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science or Management Information Systems) or equivalent,5-7 years’ related (data center environment) experience
- Minimum one year experience as a Network Administrator (PWS)
- Must be U.S Citizen with ability to obtain favorable completion or open Tier 5 (Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI))
- IAT Level II (one of the following):
- CCNA Security
- CySA+ **
- Security+ CE
- CASP+ CE
- CCNP Security
- CISSP (or Associate)