The Network Engineer candidate maintains smooth operation of voice and data networks as well as plans, evaluates, coordinates and performs installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network. The selected candidate maintains technical expertise in all areas of voice and data networks hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. The candidate may propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings. Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions. Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems. May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment. May design network or portion of network that include selection of hardware and software packages.
- Collaborating within Agile Scrum teams as a key contributor responsible for the design and implementation of advanced cybersecurity capabilities, including the selection of hardware and software and the design of infrastructure services required to enable the cybersecurity capabilities.
- Maintaining current knowledge of hardware and software applications.
- Conducting trade studies, to determine possible system (hardware, software, architecture) improvements.
- Developing high quality technical documentation, including user guides, test plans, and contract deliverable items and supporting product line training. Support 24x7 operations (Shift Work)
US Citizenship required
Active Top Secret Clearance required
Candidate must be willing to be processed for a TS/SCI clearance
- No demonstrated experience required
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Network Engineering or a related discipline is required.
- (Note: Four (4) years of experience may be substituted for a degree)
Required skills include:
- Must have Network Engineering experience including TCP/IP networking, encryption, firewalls, and SNMP-based network management
- Experience and technical expertise in all areas of voice and data networks hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Experience planning, evaluating, coordinating and performing installation and/or reconfiguration of cabling, hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network.
- Infrastructure-related certifications preferred such as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA-Junos), Juniper Networks Certified Specialist Security (JNCIS-SEC), Juniper Networks Certified Professional Security (JNCIP-SEC).
- Experience using network monitoring and automation tools for troubleshooting and task simplification.
- Knowledge and troubleshooting experience in regards to Layer 2 functionality and protocols in a Cisco/Juniper environment.
- Experience with troubleshooting and implementing Layer 3 routing protocols over a multi-site environment in a Cisco/Juniper environment.
- Experience troubleshooting and implementing VPN technologies.
- Experience implementing firewall based policies using Juniper firewalls.
- DoD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level I required.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification preferred.