McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Specialty Health, our products and services span the full continuum of specialty patient care. From the initial phases of a product life cycle and the distribution of specialty drugs, to fully integrated healthcare technology systems, practice management support, and ultimately to patient care in the communities where they live, we empower the community patient care delivery system by helping community practices advance the science, technology and quality of care.
We have a vision —that the long-term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of physicians committed to clinical excellence and innovation, enabled by close collaboration with our organization and our deep clinical, operational and technological expertise.Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Specialty Health you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
This position will execute the Network accounting related functions for a number of Network practices. The primary focus of this role is working with the Senior Accountants and Accounting Manager to identify process improvement opportunities and drive them to completion while performing all month end close activities.
The essential skill requirements of this role are being an engaged member of the team, embracing change, and enjoying working in an environment where process improvements are encouraged and an impact can be made.
To be successful the candidate needs complete working knowledge of the entire accounting close process, willing to manage large volumes of journal entries and account reconciliations, and good technical ability with Excel. Finally, a successful candidate is able to influence and persuade stakeholders throughout the organization and embraces change throughout all levels of the organization.
- Participate in all monthly close, analytics, and control activities
- Participate in monthly, quarterly and annual reporting for the Network
- Participate in approval and review of monthly reconciliations
- Participate in ad hoc analysis
- Work closely with all McKesson Specialty Health accounting functions
- Support of multiple internal and external customers
- Identify opportunities for McKesson best practices and manage implementations of solutions for process
5+ years accounting experience
- 3-5+ years full cycle accounting experience
- Process Management – Must have a demonstrated ability to handle large, complex processes. Also must have a mindset that is oriented to constantly drive process improvement
- Proven ability to multi-task while meeting various deadlines
- Proven intermediate to advance ability with Excel (Daily use of pivot tables, vlookups, sumifs, etc)
- Able to maintain an engaged, positive attitude in an ever changing environment.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in PeopleSoft beneficial
- SAP experience helpful
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to effectively interact with a wide variety of people
- Advanced Excel skills (daily use of vlookups, pivot tables, sumifs, if statements) needed
4-year degree in accounting or related field or equivalent experience
General Office Demands