Job ID 2018-11090
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Provides senior-level application software design and development services and technical leadership for existing architecture or new deployments. Gathers requirements and develops specifications to design and integrate into applications. Adheres to approved standards and develops new standards in software development.
- Leads the development of complex program logic for new, multi-faceted applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications. Considers and/or provides multiple options or solutions to satisfy organizational needs.
- Codes, tests, including writing test plans, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications. Develops complex functionality enhancements through code customization and application configuration.
- Leads and develops strategies around existing technology products to ensure these products produce expected results and benefit to customers. Ensures that improvements are successfully implemented and impacts across the value stream and application are considered.
- Provides complex technical leadership throughout the lifecycle of customer-specific technology based products. Works with multiple Cloud or Purchased applications.
- Serves on cross-functional project teams as a subject matter expert on data processes, data governance, and application systems.
- Coaches and provides expertise, and may oversee the work of other professionals and support staff in the applications development discipline.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor's Degree Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Disaster & Emergency Management or related discipline
- Up to ten years professional experience working in applications development or similar field.
Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Applications Developer or similar credential.