We are looking for NetBackup Engineer for our client in ?Cary, NC
Job Title: ?NetBackup Engineer
Job Location: ?Cary, NC
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 7-9 Years of relevant experience.
- Should be able to L3 Level of activities
Knowledge & Abilities:
- Administering the Networker Management Console Server and command line exposure,
- Networker Recovery Overview.
- Should have hands on experience in handling Veritas netbackup backup product & its features
- as for the latest release
- Should have hands on knowledge and experience in Implementing, upgrading, migrating and
- configuring Veritas server across heterogeneous platform
- Should have worked on multiple vendor product Devices used in backup Library, drives,
- medias,library, Data domain, VTL (IBM, EMC, Neap..),Ultrium.
- Should have configured the Monitoring tools for alerting and reporting backup,
- hardware,operational reports highlighting issues and the current status of the environment (ops
- Should be able to see logs and error messages, Analyze, resolve ,guide and take preventive
- action for the escalated issues related to product and devices hardware problems
- Provide recommendations to improve the backup/recovery infrastructure, and address/lead
- critical issues and root cause analysis. Plan and create Checklist to conduct backup audits and
- Experienced to provide analysis and implementation support for data protection solutions initial
- implementations, customization and integration with the intent of optimizing the operational
- environment as well as day? to? day and long term management
- Work in tandem with customer ,vendor or internal team members or otherinternal support
- groups to ensure smooth changes as well as operations of data backup functionality
- Experienced in handling and managing Netbackup agent backups (Oracle RMAN, NDMP,
- SQL,Exchange, Virtual servers etc.) .Legacy backup environment support (Netbackup 5.1, 6.x
- Experienced, Knowledge or hands on handling heterogeneous environment (Solaris, HPUX, AIX,
- Microsoft Windows, and Linux platforms) as it relates to backup and recovery
- Good knowledge of Storage networking technologies, Shell and PerlScripting for automation as
- related and other monitoring and alert management tools used with backup application.
- Should have expert level experience in handling Data migrations, Netbackup catalog
- import/export, recovery, DR (Disaster Recovery). Knowledge of Backup related tools , Storage
- appliances (EMC,NetApp, ) fabric configuration (cisco, broacade - zoning ,),storage library
- (quantum, IBM, HP,storagetek) media(LTO, ultrium ,DLT,).
- Experience working on features like deduplication, encryptions with agent based or device
- based like EMC Data Domain dedup devices and technology (should have good knowledge on
- concepts, encryption, client level, server level)
- Experience on integration with Hyper-V, VMWARE virtual environments. exposure on advanced
- backup functions like Synthetic Backups, NDMP backups, Disk Staging or VTL implementation.
- NetBackup vStorage API, BMR, Symantec OST, Virtual Tape Library, SSO (Shared Storage Option)
- Daily review and resolution of client and server backup issues. Capacity planning within the
- backup environment
- Excellent communication and conversation skills (Verbal and Written)
- Good working knowledge of MS OFFICE (Including MS Project and Visio).
- Abiding by Change Management, Incident management and Problem Management procedures,
- including complying with the Service Level Agreements
- Act on Day to Day House Keeping tasks by using tools & scripts
- To able to perform in 24 x 7 Environment in shift roaster
- To able to attend calls on-call basis whenever assigned
- Create regular reports for Management requirements.
- Good experience working on ticketing tools like Service Now, Remedy, and HP-Openview etc.
- Good documentation skill to document the day-to- day events for tracking and review, process
- documentation, Preparing SOP (Service Operation Procedure) documents, Creating and
- maintaining technical knowledge base