Requisition Number 2018-10232
About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants has an exciting opportunity for a NEPAProject Manager / Environmental Planner with experience assisting applicants and federal agencies in managing the preparation of environmental documents across the company. This is a regular, salaried position based in our Phoenix office for someone looking for a great, career growth opportunity to join SWCA’s expanding practice.
What you will accomplish
- The role will serve as a Project Manager having the responsibility tocoordinate and/or assist in the preparation of NEPA documents for a variety of fedeal agencies.
- You will lead the marketing efforts in Arizona to include business development, client outreach, preparing proposals, and conducting interviews and presentations.
- Write various sections of environmental documents and review and edit other sections prepared by technical specialists.
- Provide advice and guidance on complex federal regulatory issues for projects across Arizona.
- Ensure project quality, scheduling, and budget objectives are clear and met.
- Take initiative, resolve problems, and identify improved procedures toassure client needs are met effectively
- Work closely with project managers, directors, and principals throughout the company to promote SWCA’s business interests in adherences to its mission, vision, and values.
- Willingness to learn, have fun, and grow into increased management and leadership responsibilitie.
Experience and qualifications for success
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental planning, environmental science, or a related field. Master’s degree a plus.
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible and applicable experience preparing NEPA documents.
- Working knowledge of NEPA other state and federal environmental laws and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to take a logical approach totasks.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, and document management skills with the ability to work in a team environment with strong multi-tasking skills able to work on more than one project at a time, meeting tight deadlines.
- Clean driving record required.
- Ability to travel as needed for projects throughout Arizona and the southwest.
- Experience working with local, state and federal agencies in Arizona.
- Business development experience in a lead or support role.
- Working knowledge of Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, National Historic Preservation Act, and other federal regulations.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.