Dynamic opportunity for a BC/BE neonatologist to join our dedicated group of eight neonatologists and team of NNPs at the Carilion Clinic Children’s Hospital (CCCH) in scenic Roanoke, Virginia.
- The hospital is a designated regional perinatal center with 3,100 deliveries annually
- Our 60-bed Level-IIIB NICU has 730 admissions annually and an average daily census of 42 babies
- Services provided include high-frequency ventilation and nitric oxide
- The hospital offers a full range of pediatric medical and surgical subspecialties including two maternal-fetal medicine specialists
- The CCCH NICU is a member of VON, the Virginia Neonatal Practice Collaborative and participates in numerous MOC eligible quality improvement initiatives and research projects
- As a neonatologist, in addition to providing quality care to critically ill neonates in the NICU, you will also be responsible for teaching medical students and residents (pediatric & family practice) who rotate through the unit
Roanoke, Virginia is located midway between New York, NY and Atlanta, GA and is 168 miles west of the state capital of Richmond, VA. The city is the center of one of Virginia’s largest metropolitan regions, and a hub of transportation, finance, and industry for the southwestern part of the state. The scenic beauty of the Roanoke Valley, located between the Blue Ridge and the Virginia Alleghany Highlands, makes the city a pleasant as well as an economically diverse place to live and work. Outdoor enthusiasts revel in the area’s mountainous beauty by taking advantage of the Roanoke Valley Greenways which offers over 200 miles of a mixture of paved, natural surface trails and bicycle routes that stretch across the region. The schools are excellent and the cost of living is low.