NCIS VoIP - UCS Engineer
5 - 7 years experience •
Join CSRA and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges. The NCIS program is seeking a VoIP Engineer to join their team near Quantico, VA.
The Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) is an organization of over 2,000 personnel of which 700 serve at HQ and the remaining staff serve at offices worldwide. NCIS is the Department of Navy (DON) component with primary responsibility for criminal investigation, law enforcement (LE), counter-terrorism (CT), counterintelligence (CI), and cyber matters. NCIS not only has primary responsibility for all criminal investigative, CI, CT, and cyber matters within the DON, but it also has exclusive investigative jurisdiction in non-combat matters involving actual, potential, or suspected criminal, terrorism, sabotage, espionage, and subversive activities.
NCIS is one of several DoD criminal investigative and intelligence organizations headquartered together at the Russell-Knox Building (RKB) aboard Marine Corps Base Quantico, VA. Known collectively as Military Department Investigation Agencies (MDIA), the individual organizations include NCIS, Defense Security Service (DSS), Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI), Army Criminal Investigation Command (CID), and Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA).
The five MDIAs have agreed to pursue opportunities for commonalities and efficiencies in the management and delivery of IT services across the collocated organizations. As a result, a new entity was created with that mission in mind. The Information Technology Common Services Unit (ITCSU) executes its shared services mission through the auspices of NCIS' executive leadership.
As the VoIP Engineer, you will:
- Perform day-to-day activities required to manage Voice services, such as design, implementation, and management, to include troubleshooting of complex VOIP issues
- Perform testing, provision, operations and emergency response for ongoing VOIP network operations
- Oversee and manages the deployment of upgrades to existing voice, video and other related systems in a multi-location environment
- Manage all components of the Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Ensures all required operational and support documents are current and up-to-date
- Work continuously on improving relevant systems, applications, and infrastructure, and processes
- Maintain a current understanding of emerging technologies and trends in cloud service and other data center technologies
- Analyze and isolate VOIP issues with a demonstrated hands-on experience maintaining the following VOIP systems: Cisco Call Manager 8.6 and 10.5, Cisco Unity, Cisco IM & Presence, Cisco Emergency Responder, ASA Firewalls, SIP H.323, and PSTN
- Provisioning customer VOIP features on the Cisco Unified Communication Manager and troubleshooting
- Tier 2/3 troubleshooting and assisting tier 1 to include training
- Experience with cable management and patching with ethernet and analog phones
- Knowledge of Cisco Contact Center Express (UCCX) or Automatic Call Distributor (ACD)
- Responsible for documenting system requirements and working with the customer, vendors, and internal engineers to deploy, install, and test the necessary hardware infrastructure that meets the customer’s requirements of those systems.
- Excellent customer service skills working in a fast pace environment servicing several agencies
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical area; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- 5+ years of experience designing, building and/or maintaining communications systems
- 2 years current experience with Cisco UCS
- Requires experience with engineering datacenter and IP backbone networks in a multi-vendor, multi-protocol environment -- including networks based on T1, DS3, Fiber/Optical, DSL, Ethernet, ATM, Frame Relay, and Ethernet over Copper core, distribution, and access media
- Required: DoD 8570 - IAT Level II (ex. Security+) and CCNA (ex. Collaboration or Routing & Switching)
- Required: Active Top Secret (TS) clearance; must be eligible to obtain SCI-level adjudication
- CASP (IAT Leve 3 ILO CISSP) highly preferred
CSRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status or any other Characteristic Protected by Law.