NCIS UNIX / Linux Administrator
8 - 10 years experience •
Join CSRA and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges. The NCIS team is searching for a UNIX Administrator to join their program in Quantico, VA.
The Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) is an organization of approximately 2,000 personnel of which 700 serve at HQ and the remaining staff serve at offices worldwide. NCIS is the DON component with primary responsibility for criminal investigation, law enforcement (LE), counter-terrorism (CT), counterintelligence (CI), and cyber matters. NCIS not only has primary responsibility for all criminal investigative, CI, CT, and cyber matters within the DON, but it also has exclusive investigative jurisdiction in non-combat matters involving actual, potential, or suspected criminal, terrorism, sabotage, espionage, and subversive activities.
NCIS provides the DON with threat status and warnings associated with terrorist, criminal, cyber, and counterintelligence activity throughout the world. NCIS is the only DON organization that has the information and responsibility to fuse and analyze the national intelligence and law enforcement information necessary to provide these warnings.
The Information Technology Directorate (ITD) supports the NCIS core mission areas to investigate and defeat criminal, terrorist, and foreign intelligence threats by planning for and providing services through appropriate use of the people, equipment, technology, and infrastructure resources of the United States Navy and Marine Corps.
This position is part of the IT Technology Operations division within the NCIS ITD organization and performs the following responsibilities/functions:
- Daily systems administration, monitoring, and system maintenance on Linux/UNIX OS
- In depth knowledge of Red Hat and CentOS 6, Solaris 10, and Red Hat 7 desirable
- Performs software upgrades, patch installs, firmware upgrades then test for functionality on a periodic basis.
- Diagnosis and troubleshoot problems related to the OS, hardware, network, and related software
- Daily written and oral communications with coworkers and leadership
- Continual attention to periodic SCAP and STIG requirements needed to harden the servers
- Troubleshoot and configure servers in a virtual environment using vSphere 6
- Create scripts in various shells to automate daily and periodic tasks.
- Document work for leadership, update/create Standard Operating Procedures, and brief staff and customers various tasks
- Puppet and Sensu experience preferred
- Years of Experience: Minimum 7 years in network/systems administration
- Required Education: Bachelors (May be substituted for additional years of experience)
- Experience in the following is required:
- Administering, optimizing, and configuring Solaris 10 and Red Hat and CentOS 6.X servers
- Creating and configuring new servers in a virtual environment
- Knowledge of Oracle databases, NetApp, and/or Middleware
- Improving system operations and functionality, monitoring and optimization of the servers
- Requires ability to work in a collaborative environment to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- current DoD 8570 - IAT Level II (GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, or CCNA-Security)
- Fully adjudicated active Top Secret clearance is required to start, must be eligible to obtain SCI-level adjudication