LinQuest is seeking a Navy SATCOM Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA. This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
The qualified person will be responsible for research, analysis, specification, technical implementation monitoring, testing, and fielding support for advanced Navy SATCOM systems and architectures with focus on wideband and protected MILSATCOM. The qualified person will provide systems engineering support for both fielded and emerging Navy systems associated with the communications, networks, information assurance, space platforms, software systems, and integration and interoperability arenas, particularly in support of Navy's ongoing SHF, EHF, AEHF, GBS, HDR, and AdvHDR efforts to include:
- Navy Multiband Terminal (NMT)
- MILSATCOM Space Segment systems such as Milstar, Advanced EHF (AEHF), Enhanced Polar System (EPS), Wideband Global SATCOM (WGS), Evolved Strategic SATCOM (ESS), Protected Tactical SATCOM (PTS)
- MILSATCOM Control/Planning Segment systems such as the Milstar/AEHF Tactical Mission Planning Sub-System (T-MPSS), and the EPS Communications and Planning Systems (CAPS);
- Baseband equipment such as the Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) Interface Processor (TIP), Advanced TIP (ATIP), and any associated Cryptologic Devices
- The Enhanced Bandwidth Efficient Modem (EBEM) and other external Multi-Frequency (MF) TDMA modems used with the NMT
- Wide Anti-jam Modem System (WAMS)
Effort includes definition of functional, interface, and performance capabilities and requirements for space-based payloads, for ground/afloat based SATCOM terminals including internal/external modem(s), terminal control, IF/RF, and antenna control subsystems, and for network bridging devices and radio to router protocols integrating Navy afloat routing architecture with SATCOM modems. Applicant will analyze new and existing communications systems, waveforms, and equipment for end-to-end system integration architectures, concepts of use/ operations, and how these systems are supported.
- Proposing revisions, update, review, and provide acceptance recommendations or comments to proposed changes to system performance specifications, test plans, test procedures, systems engineering management plan, test and evaluationmaster plans (TEMPs), interface control drawings, initial capabilities documents, Capability Design Documents (CDDs), Capability Production Documents (CPDs), field change bulletins, maintenance plans, maintenance procedures, and technical standards, technical studies, environmental and reliability analyses, and cost trade off studies for technical accuracy and provide recommendations for modifications or acceptance
- Definition and analysis of advanced communication system components and architectures
- Analysis of system capabilities, interfaces and performance
- Requirements development for system and interface specification
- Development of test plans, test execution and reports
- Development of technology transition plans
- Support to software engineers for code development, integration and test
- Generation and presentation of technical documents, trip reports, presentation materials, analyses, and technical reports
- Analysis of technical risks and specification of mitigation plans
- Provide comments or recommendations to support meeting acquisition milestone objectives
- Coordinate, attend, and participate in product team meetings to support resolving problem reports and other technical issues. Prepare agendas and presentations, conduct reviews, compile action item lists, and document and distribute minutes in accordance with agreed upon formats and technical instructions
- Review engineering change proposals and provide comments or acceptance recommendations
- Perform documentation configuration management to ensure accuracy and consistency relative to higher tier specifications and other program documentation
- Review program plans, schedules, and plan of actions and milestones (POA&Ms), and providing comment and/or acceptance recommendations in accordance with DoD 5000.2 and Defense Acquisition Guidebook
- Create action plans, including recommendations on proficiencies required to conduct events or document reviews and coordinating between stakeholders and other experts to develop recommended technical approaches, methods and schedules for events and other reviews.
- Participate in working groups, integrated product teams (IPT), program reviews, in process reviews and planning meetings.
- Review and evaluate developing programs, project or initiative documentation for technical compliance against appropriate checklists, policy, requirements, standards and processes, and technical risks.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid communication and presentation skills
- Highly organized individual, capable of handling multiple competing priorities and comfortable working in a lab environment
- BA/BS degree in an Engineering, Math or Science discipline
- Navy systems engineering experience in the area of Communications Systems, Networks, and/or Integration and Interoperability
- MILSATCOM space and/or communications terminal systems engineering
- Experience with system and software requirements, design and development
- Competence to support engineering/technical team reviews and discussions in matters regarding system performance, trade-off studies and various software certifications
- Experience with end-to-end Systems Engineering processes, and demonstrable evidence of defining and adhering to these processes, as well as the development of pertinent documentation
- Active DoD SECRET Security Clearance is required to be considered for this position
- Expertise with Navy SATCOM equipment design, functionality, interface/integration, and/or operations within one/all of the Navy communications areas: AEHF/EHF (including the mission planning tool, MPE) SHF, and GBS
- 3-5 years of Navy systems engineering experience in the area of Communications Systems, Networks, and/or Integration and Interoperability
- 3-5 years MILSATCOM space and/or communications terminal systems engineering 3 years' waveform specification and performance analysis
- 2-3 years' experience with systems and software testing