The Navy Project Manager is responsible for the sales order quotation and contract management process for new build or major projects and ensuring that all accepted order/project requirements are met by interfacing as required with internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for Engineered to Order (ETO) and Projects pricing and lead time, interacting with other functions as needed
- Focus on response time management - develop KPI’s, measure gaps, develop countermeasures to close gaps and produce/improve output and results.
- Perform project win loss analysis and drive continuous improvement
- Review bid packages and provide support for project negotiations
- Develop comprehensive sizing and selection recommendations along with pricing recommendations
- Provide support to the sales team to enable them to answer customer inquiries regarding technical contract provisions, interpretations, and modifications
- Provide technical support for client and third party visitations
- Review and clarify order requirements
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, customer focused team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree – Engineering or other technical degree preferred
- Must be US Citizen due to US Navy contractual requirements.
- Five years of relevant experience (project management, product selection, application, quotation, contract administration etc.)
- Familiarity with mil specs and government contracts strongly preferred
- Technical knowledge of valves and valve products or other technical, highly engineered products a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Suite.
- Above average oral and written communications, as well as interpersonal skills.