The Navy Coastal Riverine Force (CRF) Subject Matter Expert (SME) will support development of training program initiatives for the Navy's CRF. This support includes initiatives for CRF operational units, and CRF-wide training policies and programs. The CRF SME will perform work at multiple contractor and government locations. Approximately 15% travel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in project planning, programming and provide technical advice for CRF in areas of Fleet Integration and Navy Expeditionary Combat Command (NECC) doctrine, organization, training, materiel, leadership and education, personnel, and facilities programs.
- Draft comprehensive technical training materials for CRF maritime and/or land platforms.
- Create and/or implement training scenario exercise scenario packages for CRF.
- Develop, review, and refine CRF-level policy directives for training programs.
- Research peer-NECC organizations and non-NECC organizations for lessons learned and best institutional practices to incorporate into CRF training programs.
- Attend routine meetings and conferences, prepare agendas and presentations, document and publish meeting minutes and reports, and draft requirement documents.
- Bachelor's degree required; master's degree preferred
- Current DoD Security Clearance SECRET or higher required.
- Minimum of ten years expeditionary experience required. Fleet experience may be substituted for expeditionary experience.
- Recent (past five years) deployment and/or operational/training support in forward-deployed naval forces locations required; U.S. Fifth and/or Seventh Fleet experience highly desired.
- Former NECC/NSW/Surface/USCG warfare qualified required.
- Extensive knowledge in design and maintenance of Training and Readiness Manuals/Training Instructions/Force Readiness Manuals required.
- Superior verbal, written communications, relationship and interpersonal skills required.
- Experience presenting briefs, plans, proposals to senior leaders (civilian or military) required.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office® Suite and Adobe Acrobat software required.
- Knowledge of DoD and service directives, policies and guidance in support of NECC and fleet operations and support functions required; experience with CRF training programs highly desired.
- Operational and training/assessment experience with NECC units highly desired.