Summary of the role:
Navitaire, a wholly owned Amadeus company delivers industry-leading technology services that enable growth, profitability and innovation to airlines and rail clients worldwide. Offering a full suite of advanced solutions focused on revenue generation and streamlining costs in the areas of reservations, ancillary sales, distribution, e-commerce, revenue management, revenue accounting, and business intelligence.
The Navitaire Development is a team of technology professionals that provides Navitaire clients a wide variety of products for key elements of their distribution, passenger self-service connectivity (web, mobile and kiosk) and data integration.
Are you the next Team Lead, Software Engineer we are looking for?
- You will be a key member of the technical staff who is a hands-on developer who leads other team members, demonstrates best coding practices, and consistently improves code design and best practices
In this role you’ll:
- Code, test and troubleshoot following Navitaire standards
- Consistently deliver on time high quality code with minimal errors using existing standards and guidelines
- Think and code like a designer/architect
- Design, document, develop, implement and unit test software modules
- Design elegant and workable software solutions, both on an application and system-wide level
- Research and resolve production issues according to team guidelines and procedures
- Functional testing and using and/or writing diagnostic programs to ensure optimal performance
- Consistently meet established deadlines
- Debug existing code in response to Problem Tracking Records (PTR) and Change Requests (CR)
- Create and update standardized documentation
- Conduct routine performance analysis in order to optimize software
- Work on an agile software development environment
- Work effectively with Product Development, Technical Business Analysts, and Quality Assurance to create and develop high quality code for internal/external customers that works and is consistent with requirements documents
- Perform feasibility studies, evaluate results and propose viable solutions accordingly
- Evaluate and integrate technologies from other providers, where suitable
- Identify hardware, software and technology platforms that need to be integrated to meet current and future business needs
- Work with architects, product designers, and other developers to implement and perfect features
- Maintain timely reports on status of projects, potential technical problems, and any other relevant details
- Participate in the validation/acceptance phase of the product cycle ensuring the fine-tuning necessary to finalize the product (when applicable)
- Effectively communicate across teams and locations
- Share knowledge and experience with others of urgent issues
About the ideal candidate:
- Education: BS in Computer Science or equivalent 4-year degree or master’s degree
- Relevant Work Experience: At least of 6 years software experience with C#
- Business Understanding:
- Good financial acumen and financial analysis and diagnosis skills.
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Travel industry experience a plus
- Languages: technical skills in C#
- Specific Knowledge: Agile experience a plus, Experience with Cloud platforms (Azure, AWS or OpenStack) a plus
- Other: Well developed software design and development experience in professional setting
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to work for one of the world’s top leading travel tech companies; a company that originated in technology innovation and sees the world with a technology-first perspective
- Skills development and opportunities to try new ideas
- A global diverse work environment