Summary of the role:
Are Navitaire, a wholly owned Amadeus company delivers industry-leading technology services that enable growth, profitability and innovation to airlines and rail clients worldwide. Offering a full suite of advanced solutions focused on revenue generation and streamlining costs in the areas of reservations, ancillary sales, distribution, e-commerce, revenue management, revenue accounting, and business intelligence.
The Navitaire Development is a team of technology professionals that provides Navitaire clients a wide variety of products for key elements of their distribution, passenger self-service connectivity (web, mobile and kiosk) and data integration. The Software Development Manager is a key member of the technical team and is a hands-on developer who leads a team and demonstrates best coding practices, and consistently improves code design and best practices.
In this role you’ll:
- Work with Product and Development Leads to prioritize and manage a work item backlog, manage capacity and set customer expectations in an iterative development environment
- Manage one or more teams with a focus on mentoring and growing employees and having responsibility to establish and measure performance metrics
- Work with team Architects to design and deliver solutions for internal and external customers
- Communicate with customers when designing and developing data/integration solutions to include requirement understanding and scoping, training and/or consulting, and troubleshooting and problem solving
- Work with Product and Development Leads to set organizational goals
- Proactively evaluate processes and solutions to identify opportunities to improve
- Coding, testing and troubleshooting following Navitaire standards
- Consistently deliver on time high quality code with minimal errors using existing standards and guidelines
- Think and code like a designer/architect
- Design, document, develop, implement and unit test software modules
- Design elegant and workable software solutions, both on an application and system-wide level
- Perform feasibility studies, evaluate results and propose viable solutions accordingly
- Evaluate and integrate technologies from other providers, where suitable
- Identify hardware, software and technology platforms that need to be integrated to meet current and future business needs
- Work on an agile software development environment
About the ideal candidate:
- Relevant Work Experience:
- 2+ years of team leadership experience in an Agile setting
- Agile experience and experience with Cloud platforms (Azure, AWS or OpenStack)
- Practical experience with coaching / performance interactions
- Education: BS in Computer Science or equivalent 4 year degree or masters degree
- Business Understanding:
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Proven experience with balancing team management and individual contribution work
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving abilities.
- Established track record of introducing process and practice improvements.
- A Plus:
- Experience with Intent based Leadership or Servant Leadership management practices
- Demonstrated experience coaching direct reports through career path growth
- Direct experience with OKR goal alignment practices
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to work for one of the world’s top leading travel tech companies; a company that originated in technology innovation and sees the world with a technology-first perspective
- Skills development and opportunities to try new ideas
- A global diverse work environment