Looking for a Naval Program Manager opportunity at a place you can make a difference every day? Discover this opportunity at our Washington, D.C. location. Serco has a great opportunity for an experienced Naval Program Manager to lead a dynamic team that is providing Scientific, Engineering, Technical, and Analytical (SETA) support for US Navy's Shipyards and Naval Industrial Base efforts and contribute directly to maintaining a high level of fleet readiness. Bring your expertise and collaborative skills to make an impact towards our military defense and safety of our sailors.This position is contingent upon your ability to maintain your current DoD Secret level clearance.
This Naval Program Manager will support the US Navy's Shipyards and Naval Industrial Base efforts related workforce/workload management, logistic services, business operations, and total force initiatives in support of shipyard Corporate Project Execution, support, and workforce training. The Naval Program Manager will provide the technical scope and associated tasks for support of NAVSEA's LEAN Process/Performance Improvement initiatives, Project Management National Value Stream directive, broader Project Management, and Industrial Operations support, Coaching and Development for Deck-plate Project Team Performance, Environmental, Safety and Health program support, and miscellaneous support to headquarters regarding industrial operations and management.In this role, you will:
QualificationsTo be successful in this role, you will have:
- Lead a dedicated team of Serco professionals providing administrative, financial, logistical, and management support to the Government's execution of training and project support programs.
- Engaging with NAVSEA and Naval Shipyard Subject Matter Experts regarding the specific support required to achieve tasking requirements within each Government activity.
- Direct data gathering, analysis, and provide recommendations concerning project management systems used by the Naval Shipyards to include Project Sequence and Scheduling (PSS), Advanced Industrial Management (AIM), as well as other IT systems used t support execution efforts.
- Direct your team in the delivery of all required contract deliverables.
- Direct your team in hosting and coordination of quarterly and other Ad Hoc program reviews.
- Provide program infrastructure assistance; process administration; organization and technical implementation; and the governance necessary to evolve process/performance improvement.
- Conduct cost management through continual cost control and review.
- Develop budgets and manage technical performance within budgetary constraints.
Additional desired experience and skills:
- An active or current DoD Secret security clearance is required.
- Master's degree in business, Management or Engineering with 10 years of experience supporting broader naval maintenance and naval shipyards.
- Ten (10) years of business management, process improvement, human performance, adult learning / instruction, and financial management experience.
- Experience with workforce management, organizational effectiveness, and performance.
- Project Management or related field and PMP certification (PMI)
- Must be willing to travel 25% of the time outside the DC area as required.
- Travel may be required to the following locations:
- Washington Navy Shipyard (WNY)
- Portsmouth Naval Shipyard, Kittery, Maine (PNSY)
- Norfolk Naval Shipyard, Portsmouth Virginia (NNSY)
- Puget Sound Naval Shipyard, Bremerton Washington (PSNS)
- Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard, Hawaii (PHNSY)
- US Naval Ship Repair Facility, YOKOSUKA, JP (SRF JAPAN)
- Valid Passport preferred.
- Prefer advanced degree in related field (e.g., Human Performance, STEM, Business, Workforce Management, Change Management, Adult Learning, Continuous Improvement)
If you are interested in supporting and working with our military and a passionate Serco team, then submit your application now for immediate consideration. It only takes a few minutes and could change your career! Military Veterans and Spouses encouraged to apply!
**Serco Inc. is using this posting for the purpose of responding to a proposal. We are seeking qualified candidates in the event of a contract award. This position is not currently funded/active. Should Serco be awarded the contract, and you meet the qualifications of the position, you will be considered in the selection process.**Company Overview
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. In North America, Serco's 9,000+ employees strive to make an impact every day across 100+ sites in the areas of Defense, Citizen Services, and Transportation. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state, provincial and local governments, and commercial clients. While your place may look a little different depending on your role, we know you will find yours here. Wherever you work and whatever you do, we invite you to discover your place in our world. Serco is a place you can count on and where you can make an impact because every contribution matters.
Serco is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.