Headquarters (HQ) PACAF/A3TW provides Major Command level programmatic and budget oversight that includes acquiring, deploying, testing, operating and maintaining live training support systems and infrastructure for operational testing and air combat training within Alaska and the Pacific Region. The Joint Pacific Alaska Range Complex (JPARC) is the primary training venue within PACAF’s Area of Responsibility and supports comprehensive training, exercise, and mission rehearsals for Service, Joint, and allied forces. Foremost, of these events, is Red Flag-Alaska, which occurs at a maximum, 6 times annually, 2 weeks and 4 days per exercise, and requires extensive system/mission preparation/planning (30 days pre-exercise and one week long planning conference) and post-mission analysis (21 days post exercise) to successfully meet training objectives.
- Promote/educate the RED FLAG-Alaska Exercise to USN/USMC units; coordinating with participants to provide on-site expertise for operational and logistical planning and support.
- Assist in the planning and scenario development of RED FLAG-Alaska, as needed and apply pertinent technical expertise regarding USN/USMC assets.
- Provide inputs for the dissemination of joint funds provided to offset participant costs
- Advise and assist to execute duties as Range Training Officer (RTO), a white force, unbiased referee assessing exercise activities in the air-to-air portion of large force exercises with shot assessment and kill removal throughout the PACAF AOR. Advise and assist in identifying Army training capability shortfalls on the JPARC and analyzing, recommending, and supporting installation/operation of technical solutions for integration and effective/efficient operations of multi Service training systems.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience as a rated Naval/Marine tactical aviator is required.
- Master's degree is preferred. Substitution of experience for education will be considered with approval from customer.
- Tactical jet aviation experience is required.
- Strike Lead/Tactics Officer experience is required.
- Strong customer service, organizational skills, knowledge of applicable DoD/Government policies and procedures are required.
- Must be an effective communicator and possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- A high level of personal integrity and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters with proper judgment is required.
- Must be willing to travel up to 10%.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Aviation Command
- EA-18G/EA6B experience.
- Must hold and maintain a Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance.
- Must be willing to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance.
- Active Top Secret/SCI preferred.