$100K — $150K *
Arcosa Marine is seeking a Senior Naval Architect/ Marine Engineer to work in our Ashland City TN Facility.
Provide high visibility naval architecture and marine engineering technical leadership for product development and innovation efforts within Arcosa Marine. Proactively work with Arcosa sales team and customer representatives to identify emerging opportunities and develop plans for implementation. Effectively work with multi-disciplined projects/teams that may include Government, subcontractors, and subordinates. Must be willing to and capable of performing strategic planning, requirements development/analysis, concept design and development, analysis of alternatives, design reviews, trade-off studies, cost estimates, and engineering analyses, including other technical research as required. Additional duties may include drawing review/modification, vessel stability analysis, technical writing, contract management, configuration management, test and evaluation, systems integration, and construction oversight. Effectively interface with ABS, USCG and other regulatory agencies.
• BS in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering or equivalent experience
• Strong technical and specification writing experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Detailed oriented and well organized
• Ability to work remotely/independently with minimal supervision
• At least ten (10) years’ experience in an engineering discipline for requirements analysis, concept design and development, feasibility studies, engineering, test and evaluation, systems integration, program implementation, and construction for mechanical, marine and/or electrical engineering projects.
• Demonstrated ability to work across functional areas (Sales, Design, Estimating, Construction, etc.) to innovate, solve problems, and improve processes.
• Shipboard, ship design, shipbuilding and/or shipyard experience is a must.
• Demonstrated detailed and in-depth knowledge and practical application of USCG and ABS regulations for vessel design and construction.
• Proficient in various applicable design and modeling software products (i.e., AutoCAD Mechanical, NASTRAN 2020, MathCAD, ShipConstructor, Pipe Flow, etc.)
• Master’s in Engineering, MBA or equivalent experience
• Experience with barge industry and systems is highly desired.
• PE in Naval Architecture/Marine or other engineering
• PMP certification (or equivalent) with marine industry related experience
Valid through: 5/4/2021