Wanted: A highly motivated Senior Test Engineer with demonstrated experience to conduct testing on Aircraft or Weapons Systems to support Naval Air Systems (NAVAIR) programs. You will join a team of highly driven, supportive, and skilled professionals engaged in full life-cycle testing across the NAVAIR community.
As a Test Engineer (Senior) you will:
- Support a National Priority Program
- Work with the latest, cutting edge technology
- Work with a team of driven, supportive and highly skilled professionals and receive mentoring to grow your skills
- Receive a robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Enjoy flexibility managing your work hours and personal needs with a single accrual leave plan.
A week in the life of a Test Engineer (Senior):
- Work with developers, end users, and organizations to create test plans and test scripts
- Coordinate with testing labs to plan and implement test events.
- Create reports, track problems, and report on identified errors. Configure necessary hardware and operating environments to complete assigned testing, as needed.
- Support formal test development, integrated software/system level test, Formal Qualification Test (FQT)/Verification & Validation (V&V) test, software build FQT, and segment/system test.
- Conduct Verification and Validation (V&V) of standard operating procedures to support the end user.
- Perform unit, functional, or system level test of tactical weapon system software.
- Maintain and execute routine manual and automated test standards.
- Monitor staff tasking and resources to meet customer objectives.
- Be the "go-to" expert to seek out innovative testing approaches to support the critical needs of the warfighter.
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. Join us!
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance. US Citizenship required.
- BS or BA degree in a Technical Discipline.
- At least Ten (10) years of experience in the engineering field-testing DoD aircraft or weapons systems. In-depth knowledge of how sensors are used on their resident platforms and sufficient background knowledge and experience to enable the projection of upgraded equipment into future mission requirements.
- Experience must demonstrate ability to evaluate new or revised software that controls/responds to current hardware; evaluate proposed software that will control new hardware and demonstrated ability to test software.
- Experience must demonstrate ability to analyze solutions, estimate problem impact on mission functions and provide an evaluation on the resulting solution.
- Knowledge of testing principles, theories, and concepts and ability to contribute to the development of new and innovative principles and concepts.