Wanted: A highly motivated Senior System Engineer with demonstrated experience to perform system engineering functions on Aircraft or Weapons Systems to support Naval Air Systems (NAVAIR) programs. You will join a team of highly driven, supportive, and skilled professionals engaged in supporting innovations to system engineering practices across the NAVAIR community.
As a System Engineer (Senior) you will:
- Support a National Priority Program
- Work with the latest, cutting edge technology
- Work with a team of driven, supportive and highly skilled professionals.
- Receive a robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Enjoy flexibility managing your work hours and personal needs with a single accrual leave plan.
A week in the life of a System Engineer (Senior):
- Perform systems engineering duties in architecting, designing, integrating and testing aircraft and weapons systems.
- Conduct basic and applied research to evaluate adaptability of computer software and hardware to aircraft design and manufacture.
- Recommend improvements in testing equipment and techniques.
- Analyze user needs and develop system and software solutions, applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
- Oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
- Ensure project procedures and controls are followed, manage manning and staffing project efforts, and lead problem resolution efforts.
- Interface with system or program contractors, vendors, and Government representatives regarding the technical aspects of the programs/projects.
- Update or enhance existing system capabilities. May work with computer hardware engineers to integrate hardware and software systems, develop specifications, and performance requirements.
- Apply your experience to support the demonstration of a Model Based Systems Engineering approach to Department of Navy acquisition programs.
- Participate in defining requirements, use case development and supporting documentation; identify integration activities for developmental and operational aircraft systems.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for improving system engineering practices
- Support daily stand-up meetings and customer tag-ups
- Analyze architectural and functional requirements, specifications, and interfaces
- Work with Cyber-security staff to ensure that systems under development or modification conforms to applicable Information Assurance (IA) and Mission Assurance (MA) standards
- Be part of a solution team recommending changes and upgrades to system designs
- Provide detailed system specifications and designs through use of Model-based system engineering tools and techniques
- Support the planning and execution of system integration and test activities to support program milestones.
- Manage tasking and staffing to ensure adequate coverage of mission objectives.
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. Join us!
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance. US Citizenship required.
- BS or BA degree in a Technical Discipline.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in Systems Engineering supporting DoD aircraft or weapons systems, consisting of the design, development, integration and system testing of computer hardware, computer software, and navigation, sensor, and communication subsystems.
- Knowledge of system engineering principles, theories, and concepts and ability to contribute to the development of new and innovative principles and concepts.