As a System Administrator (Senior) you will:
- Support a National Priority Program
- Work with the latest, cutting edge technology
- Work with a team of driven, supportive and highly skilled professionals.
- Receive a robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Enjoy flexibility managing your work hours and personal needs with a single accrual leave plan.
A week in the life of a System Engineer (Senior):
- Install, configure, and support an organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet systems or a segment of a network system.
- Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and may perform necessary maintenance to support network availability.
- Assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software.
- Provide technical assistance to computer users. Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, or via telephone or electronically.
- Provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word-processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
- Analyze, test, troubleshoot, and evaluate existing network systems, such as LAN, WAN, and Internet systems or a segment of a network system.
- Perform maintenance to ensure networks operate correctly with minimal interruption.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for improving system administration practices.
- Oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
- Provide system administration and configuration of specialized mission applications and software
- Oversee staff efforts and tasking to ensure timely delivery of services
- Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related processes meet evolving mission needs.
- Optimize the functionality and performance of hardware and software systems
- Implement and maintain backup and disaster recovery plans and capabilities for all critical mission systems
- Develop and maintain system administration standard operating procedures, technical guides, and instructions
- Plan for authorized service interruptions and outages
- Respond to unexpected or unauthorized service interruptions and outages
- Diagnose software and hardware failures to resolution
- Implement and ensure security preventive measures are fully functioning
- Monitor and enhance system performance
- Test operating system and software upgrades, patches, and hot fixes before they are applied to the operational systems
- Implement and maintain backup and disaster recovery capabilities for all identified critical mission systems
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. Join us!
- Ability to obtain Top Secret Clearance. US Citizenship required.
- BS or BA degree in a Technical Discipline.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in system administration, performing the functional duties for this position.
- Operating System certificate (i.e. Windows or Linux) and COMPTIA Security + or other DOD INST 8570 compliant qualification required.
- Knowledge of networking/ IT principles, theories, and concepts and ability to contribute to the development of new and innovative principles and concepts.