As a Software Engineer (Journey) you will:
- Support a National Priority Program
- Work with the latest, cutting edge technology
- Work with a team of driven, supportive and highly skilled professional and receive mentoring to grow your skills
- Receive a robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Enjoy flexibility managing your work hours and personal needs with a single accrual leave plan.
A week in the life of a Software Engineer:
- Analyze computer science, engineering, and other software engineering problems to develop and implement solutions to complex applications problems, system design and development issues, or network concerns
- Perform software management and integration functions, improve existing computer systems, and review computer system capabilities, throughput, real-time processing limitations, Cybersecurity and software safety
- Analyze commercially available, open source, government furnished and contractor furnished software.
- Support daily stand-up meetings
- Use development tools to update tasks and stories, check-in, and version control
- Analyze architectural and functional requirements, specifications, and interfaces
- Apply software concepts and techniques, mathematics, and methods of statistical analysis to develop and apply automated solutions to engineering, scientific, or business data acquisition and management problems.
- Provide detailed software specifications and designs for proposed solutions using Model-based system engineering tools and techniques
- Interfaces with the customer to understand new requirements to support mission objectives
- Perform software and system integration and testing functions
- Be responsible for requirements analysis, subsystem allocation, performance analysis, and system engineering leadership.
- Prepare reports as needed relating to assignments, as required. Maintains technical competence and state-of-the-art expertise in areas of technical specialization.
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance. US Citizenship required.
- BS or BA degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering or Computer Engineering from a college program with ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc.) certification. Explanation of different combinations if relevant.
- At least five (5) years of software engineering experience, performing software requirements analysis, software design, software coding, software integration and software testing. At least three (3) years of the five (5) years of experience shall have consisted of performing software engineering functions for a Department of Defense (DoD) Aircraft or Weapons System. Experience in the integration of real-time operating systems with developmental software
- Able to use, modify and implement the results of Model Based System Engineering
- Knowledge of advanced software engineering principles, theories, and concepts and ability to help to contribute to the development of new principles and concepts.