As the Software Developer, you will:
- Support a National Priority Program
- Work with the latest, cutting edge technology
- Work with a team of driven, supportive and highly skilled professionals.
- Receive a robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Enjoy flexibility managing your work hours and personal needs with a single accrual leave plan.
A week in the life of a Software Developer:
- Contribute to several software-related project functions for our customers including developing, modifying, and enhancing source and object (executable) code.
- Develop computer and network software or specialized utility programs. Apply software development principles in a team environment to develop software and web-based applications.
- Support Agile and Dev/Ops implementation activities; collaborate between self-organizing cross-functional teams.
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions, applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
- Update software or enhance existing software capabilities. May work with computer hardware engineers to integrate hardware and software systems, develop specifications, and performance requirements.
- May maintain databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.
- Support daily stand-up meetings
- Use development tools to update tasks and stories, check-in, and version control
- Create Software Developer Kits (SDK) and documentation
- Analyze architectural and functional requirements, specifications, and interfaces
- Adhere to software coding standards to ensure software quality
- Work with Cyber-security staff to ensure that software under development conforms to applicable Information Assurance (IA) and Mission Assurance (MA) standards
- Provide detailed software specifications and designs through use of Model-based system engineering tools and techniques
- Perform software and system integration and testing functions
- Prepare reports as needed relating to assignments, as required. Maintains technical competence and state-of-the-art expertise in areas of technical specialization.
- Be mentored for growth and opportunities to excel in your field!
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance. US Citizenship required.
- BS or BA degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering or Computer Engineering from a college program with ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc.) certification. Explanation of different combinations, if relevant.
- At least two (2) years of software development experience, performing software coding, software integration and software testing.
- Knowledge of software development principles, theories, and concepts and ability to contribute to the development of new and innovative principles and concepts.