Wanted: A highly motivated Junior Network Engineer with demonstrated experience to perform network engineering functions on Aircraft or Weapons Systems to support Naval Air Systems (NAVAIR) programs. You will join a team of highly driven, supportive, and skilled professionals engaged in maintaining and upgrading networks across the NAVAIR community.
As a Network Engineer (Junior) you will:
- Support a National Priority Program
- Work with the latest, cutting edge technology
- Work with a team of driven, supportive and highly skilled professionals and receive mentoring to grow your skills
- Receive a robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Enjoy flexibility managing your work hours and personal needs with a single accrual leave plan.
A week in the life of a Network Engineer (Junior):
- Design and implement computer and information networks, such as local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), intranets, extranets, and other data communications networks.
- Develop and grow your skills in network engineering approaches as NAVAIR continues to innovate.
- Support daily stand-up meetings and customer tag-ups
- Monitors and responds to technical control network hardware and software problems.
- Interfaces with vendor service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance
- Manages the testing, installation, and support of network communications systems.
- Performs system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform specifications.
- Work with Cyber security personnel to ensure compliance with IA and MA standards.
- Be mentored for growth and opportunities to excel in your field!
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. Join us!
AWARDED “BEST OF THE BEST” by U.S. Veterans Magazine, “BEST FOR VETS” by Military Times, and “TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY EMPLOYER” by MilitaryFriendly.com. We are a Virginia Values Veteran officially certified company.
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance. US Citizenship required.
- BS or BA degree in a Technical Discipline.
- At least two (2) years of experience in Systems Engineering supporting DoD aircraft or weapons systems, consisting of the design, development, integration and system testing of computer hardware, computer software, and navigation, sensor, and communication subsystems.
- Knowledge of network engineering principles, theories, and concepts and ability to contribute to the development of new and innovative principles and concepts.