Natural Resources Project Manager
8 - 10 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is looking for talented Natural Resources Project Managers to work from either our Houston, Texas or Baton Rouge, Louisiana offices. As a core member of the Natural Resources Program, you will take a lead and collaborative role in pursuing project opportunities, managing large projects and clients, and supervising and mentoring staff.
Our Houston, Texas and Baton Rouge, Louisiana offices offer a unique work environment and specializes in Oil & Gas projects, Electric Transmission, and Renewable Energy projects.
What you will accomplish
- A core member of the Natural Resources Program, taking a lead and collaborative role in pursuing project opportunities, managing large projects and clients, and supervising and mentoring staff.
- Manage project requirements related to National Environmental Policy Act, Endangered Species Act, Clean Water Act, and other resource planning/permitting, and/or natural resource disciplines relevant in the specified region.
- Partner, supervise and/or prepare requirements related to biological field studies, permits, mitigation plans, biological assessments, project monitoring and other deliverables.
- Use topographic maps, aerial photographs, GPS units, and other maps and tools to determine exact locations of project areas, habitat types, and associated landforms.
- Attend and/or present at local, regional and national conferences and forums. Support agency needs during project process.
Experience and qualifications for success
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in biology, botany, environmental science, natural resource management, or other related field required; Master’s degreepreferred
- A minimum of 7 years of combined experience managing all aspects of projects, environmental consulting, or ecological studies including developing and implementing budgets, schedules, scopes of work from pre-field tasks to final report preparation
- A minimum of 7 years of experience with implementing CEQA, NEPA, ESA, and/or CWA permitting processes [preferred or required]
- Working knowledge of federal, state and/or local regulations (i.e., NEPA, CWA, and ESA) governing natural resource management [specify region or state] to include preparation of EISs and/or EAs
- Demonstrated business development success and consulting acumen, including established credibility with federal and state reviewing agencies and clients, as well as success in proposal writing
- Demonstrated experience in increasing levels of responsibility, including supervising, providing leadership, and mentoring for other professionals
- Leads large or multiple crews on a variety of project types and sizes, regions, and agencies
- Possess advanced skills and knowledge in one or more specialty scientific areas (e.g., keying rare plants, conducting protocol surveys for special-status species, etc.)
- Prior primary report authorship in a natural resources consulting context for a variety of project types and sizes, regions, and agencies