Requisition Number 2018-10252
About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking a Natural Resources ProjectManager for our growing Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania office. The ideal candidate will manage and support natural resource, environmental permitting, and planning projects in Pennsylvania and surrounding states primarily in the oil and gas industry. The selected candidate will assist in the continuing development of SWCA’s natural resources and permitting service lines, and expand SWCA’s professional reputation. We offer a team-oriented workenvironment, casual dress, and a complete benefits package.
What you will accomplish
- Proactively manage projects and tasks on schedule and within budget expectations
- Lead or contribute to multidisciplinary proposal teams to prepare proposals and cost estimates.
- Effectively coordinate with clients, subcontractors, and regulatory agencies to obtain permits and clearances for project completion.
- Manage client relationships and conduct business development withnew and existing clients to meet individual and office sales goals.
- Supervise, mentor, and instruct technical staff and field personnel.
- Prepare and peer review reports related to Endangered Species Act, Clean Water Act, National Environmental Policy Act technical documents, proposals, and other written deliverables and responses related to various permitting/planning, compliance projects and regulations.
- QA/QC oversight of field data to support report-writing, proposals, environmental permit applications and tracking and NEPA documentation
- Develop recommendations for mitigation measures, monitoring, and permitting specific to biological resources and environmental planning
- Take initiative, resolve problems, and create improved procedures toassure tasks are completed in the most effective manner, while also upholding a collaborative, team-oriented work environment.
- Provide scientific and/or project management mentorship to SWCA team members
- Collaborate with other SWCA offices to help meet their business development goals and project objectives, and help support the financial success of SWCA as a whole.
Experience and qualifications for success
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in biology, ecology, geography, natural resource management, environmental planning or other related field required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in project management related to environmental consulting services required.
- Candidate should have an extensive working knowledge of federal and state laws and regulatory agencies governing natural resource management (i.e., USFWS, PADEP, PA DCNR, PAGC, PFBC, USACE, WVDNR, WVDEP, OH EPA, ODNR, EPA, NEPA, CWA, FERC, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience in increasing levels of responsibility, including supervising staff, providing leadership, and mentoring.
- Demonstrated business development acumen and proposal writing success
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.