ALEX - Alternative Experts is now hiring an engineer with strong creative problem-solving skills for an opening within our data science team in Dumfries, VA. With a heavy focus on professional development, the selected candidate will become a member of our award-winning artificial intelligence team to assist in the creation of cutting-edge Machine Learning tools using Deep Neural Networks.
- US Citizenship and ability to meet and maintain Secret level or higher Security Clearance eligibility requirements
- 1 year industry experience in creating NLP models
- Knowledge of Natural Language Processing tools
- Understanding of Deep Neural Networks
- Strong technical proficiency with Python
- Understanding of basic computer science and statistical concepts in relation to NLP
- Familiar with basic NLP processing pipelines such as Text Cleaning, Tokenization, Vocabulary Building, Numericalization, etc.
- Familiar with common NLP tasks such as Language Modeling, Information Extraction, Sequence to Sequence Generation, etc.
- Experience using Python deep learning frameworks such as Pytorch (preferred), Tensorflow and Keras.
- Preferably having experience in training and deploying models at scale
- Ability to conduct detailed, annotated research
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Experience with data science toolkits, such as Python’s NLTK, REGEX, SciPy, or NumPy
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, or HBase
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field.