What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
We currently have an opening for a National Accounts Protein Customer Solutions Manager with a strong background in Mechanical Packaging Systems supporting Tyson Freshmeats. Geography is flexible but needs to be in a location that allows easy travel access to customer sites.
Purpose & Scope:
As a member of the National Accounts organization, this position exists to increase IP's profitability, market share and competitive advantage through the service and support of customers' mechanical packaging systems. This position is required to meet contractual commitments with NAC's customer and will have a broad range of resource/functional interaction. In addition, this position will mobilize resources from both customers and IP to focus on cost savings and mechanical packaging systems. This position will need to travel approximately 50% of the time
The Customer Solutions Manager at Tyson acts as a technical advisor to our customer for box quality, box design, machinery, processes, procedures and project management. This position is also responsible for assisting in identifying and leading margin improvement and customer cost savings opportunities. This position reports to the National Account Manager (NAM) and participates in the commercial goal setting for the segment
The Customer Solutions Manager acts as a technical advisor by providing onsite services to IP customers including:
- Support NAC Sales Personnel in resolving machinery/material issues at customer facilities.
- Survey, evaluate, and troubleshoot equipment problems and issues as they relate to the customer's ability to run International Paper products efficiently. Equipment will include, but not be limited to the following: Case Erectors, Tray Formers, Case Packing Systems, Box Sealing Systems, Partition Inserters, Conveyor Systems, Palletizing Systems, Printing/Marking/Labeling Systems, Tape and Glue Systems and Shrink Tunnel Systems.
- Utilize knowledge of the manufacturing process and key quality attributes of corrugated packaging to identify the effect on mechanical forming and ultimate shipping performance.
- Interact with customers at various levels; floor troubleshooting to upper management presentations.
- Assist customers in the checkout of new equipment at the manufacturer's facility.
- Participate in customer's equipment startups with new equipment or package designs.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge base of available packaging machinery, including information on operating limitations, technical specifications, and approximate costs.
- Instruct customer personnel, i.e. Engineering, Maintenance, and Production on proper set up (Center-lining), adjustment, and operation of packaging equipment.
- Assist sales through the preparation of recommendations and proposals for new packaging systems at customer facilities. Provide financial data and assistance in the preparation of Capital Appropriation Requests for equipment purchased by, and financed through IP plants.
- Evaluate packaging equipment and systems for compliance with OSHA and other safety requirements.
- Provide technical support to sales, marketing, package designers, equipment suppliers, and customers in the development of proprietary IP designs and equipment to automate them.
- Participate in CVA Audits to evaluate and recommend MPS related issues that could reduce customer's packaging cost and improve margin for IP.
- Utilize the MPS Project Log System to accurately track visits and value to customers and IP.
- Keep up to date on current developments in MPS technology through interaction with manufactures' representatives and plant visits.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of industry mechanical maintenance experience is desired
- Mechanical Packaging System experience is highly desired
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales / Marketing, Engineering, Packaging Design or other related field and/or equivalent work/business experience is highly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of OSHA and other safety compliance requirements
- Through knowledge of NAC's products, services and manufacturing capabilities is desired
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, & PowerPoint).
- Ability to work with a team as well as independently while managing multiple high priority assignments effectively
Key Competencies and Skills:
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Priority Setting
- Communication Skills
- Process Management
- Time Management
- Project Management
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.