National VP of Sales, Telecommunications
8 - 10 years experience • Telecommunications
NATIONAL VP OF SALES, TELECOMMUNICATIONS, NORTH EAST BASED
Our client a leader in Telecommunications Solutions is seeking a National Vice President of Sales to manage and direct the execution of sales plans and initiatives throughout the Company.
The National VP will create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement through strategic planning; ensuring sales growth and high quality customer service is delivered in a timely manner.
- Develop annual sales plan in support of organizational strategy and objectives.
- Work with executive management to define and oversee sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets.
- Define sales processes that drive desiredsales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required.
- Direct implementation and execution of sales policies and practices.
- Responsible for sales portions of CRM roll out and best practices.
- Ensure communications are coordinated, support sales plan objectives, and meet organization expenditure requirements in conjunction with marketing.
- Partner with marketing to develop lead generation and revenue generation programs, and to create high performing sales collateral.
- Define and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support Company sales objectives.
- Assist with complex sales negotiations, attend sales presentation appointments and help close sales deals.
- Hold regular team meetings and participate in sales meetings as necessary or required.
- Review department manpower requirements to ensure they are adequate and consistent with Company objectives. Provide advice and counsel to employees to improve performance and meet established objectives.
- Attend job related training, as offered by the Company as well as self-driven learning efforts.
- Acquire technical certifications as needed for the job. Mentor, train, andshare knowledge withothers, asrequired.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, sales and marketing, or related field.
- Eight years of experience in technical sales and support or management.
- TELECOMMUNICATIONS SALES LEADERSHIP TO INCLUDE EXPERIENCE WITH AVAYA AND/OR CISCO AND/OR IP
- Effective use of Microsoft Office Suite of products: Lync, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Professional, reliable, highly organized, and punctual.
- Customer service & team oriented with a pleasant disposition.
- Maintain industry-recognized technology credential(s).