National VDC Director
The National VDC Directorwill be responsible for establishing and leading the Company’s strategy for Virtual Design and Construction. This role will consult with divisional and corporate team members to develop and implement industry leading VDC practices and technologies across the organization. The National VDC Director will be responsible for market research and industry involvement to maintain our competitive advantage and continuously improve our VDC strategies and industry standing. The office location for this position is flexible.
Core Areas of Focus
Maximize Process and TechnologyUtilization
- Work with business units and departments to identify and implement VDC technologiesand processes that align with their needs.
- In support of achieving operational excellence in design phase and construction services, oversee and continuously improve the utilization of technology as a tool to meet the needs of our internal and external clients.
- Lead BIM Enabled Workforce initiative through VDC Departments.
Act as a Technology Sponsor
- Speak with authority about market trends and can articulate the ROI of VDC technology-based solutions.
- Provide in-depth technical expertise for both tactical and operational initiatives.
- Promote new technology-based tools and solutions internally to drive awareness, adoption, and use.
- Inspire/excite people internally around the VDC-technology capabilities of the company.
- Solve operational challenges by identifying new and innovative VDC technologies and approaches (R&D).
- Actively engage in industry events and publications to promote McCarthy’s successes.
Partner with Client-Facing Functions
- Ensure that the Business Development, Design Integration, Preconstruction and field project teams have the VDC technology solutions and services needed to do their jobs at the highest level.
- Effectively research, design, pilot, and implement VDC-technology solutions throughout the organization.
Drive VDC Growth and Direction
- Effectively develop, articulate and continually evolve the company’s strategic VDC direction.
- Identify, develop and continually improve VDC leadership and resources throughout the company.
- Coordinate with Division VDC Leadership theutilization of specialists and adoption of best practices throughout the company.
- Responsible for making sure the company continues to have the best VDC technology offering in a dynamically-evolving, highly-competitive space.
- Consistently communicate VDC group activities, research, solutions and challenges to partners in IT, ensuring close alignment among the technology teams.
- Partner with IT to ensure that evolutions in technology are embedded into core processes and link to operational tools and systems that “run the business” on a day-to-day basis.
Serving Key Internal Client Groups:
Information Technology—Strategy and VDC Technology Research / Implementation
- Predict and stay ahead of VDC technology inflection points that might significantly affect the company.
- Advise on the long-term VDCstrategic direction of the company.
- Leadresearch, prototyping and initial implementation of strategic VDC and field technologies.
Virtual Design Construction and Field Solutions—Support and Facilitation
- Provide leadership for divisionally-based VDC organization with influence over VDC strategic initiatives.
- Consult and advise on divisional VDC department structure, staff charge-out and recovery, and VDC and Field Solutions career path.
- Develop, measure, and communicate VDC metrics.
Business Development—Client Experience
- As appropriate, participate in customer meetings, advising on VDCtechnology solutions and strengthening the customer’s confidence that our company is leading the industry.
- Speak with authority about the market; listen to customer needs; quickly understand their issues; and give good advice on the company’s products to the customers.
Preconstruction – Design Phase Services
- In partnership with VPIT, be a sounding board for the National Preconstruction Steering Committee, and help brainstorm solutions to the different challenges that the development team faces.
- Integrate deeply withinternal customers to ensureVDCtechnologysupports a multi-faceted structure.
- Incorporating Industry Leading Design Phase Services of Estimating, Preconstruction, Design Integration and VDC.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in the Building Design & Construction industry applying VDC processes on a range of projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field. Advanced degree in technology leadership or business administration preferred.
- Expertise with BIM-specific software platforms (i.e. Revit, Navisworks, Autodesk 360 Glue, Assemble, etc.) and field technologies is required.
- Experience in developing BIM Standards and oversee implementation of such throughout an organization.
- Proven track record of building and leading high service-oriented, solution-focused teams.
- Demonstrated ability to set and implement strategic direction that connects technology to business operations and performance.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret technology and market trends as a foundation for technology and product roadmaps.
- Ability to drive new initiatives from inception to completion while maintaining existing business operations.
- Ability to develop and clearly articulate a compelling technology vision and inspire the team and community.
- Demonstrated success in driving and delivering strong organizational results.