National Training Center Mission Support (NCTMS) Project Manager Principal, Site Manager
Parsons provides an extensive portfolio of training services to the US Army at training commands, ranges, and facilities worldwide. The National Training Center (NTC) at Ft Irwin California has a requirement for experienced Project Managers to supervise Mission Support services for live-fire and maneuver training operations. The NTCMS Project Manager ensures the availability of advisory services, technical expertise and provides oversight to contract trainers, subject matter experts and systems operators. The NTCMS Project Manager ensures that the contractor workforce delivers training outcomes that fully support the readiness of our Army maneuver units conducting training at the NTC. The Project Managers position is located at and performs duties at the National Training Center.
- · The NTCMS Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of managing rotational training execution and the daily operations of Parsons and subcontractors supporting the NTC mission. The NTCMS PM acts as the Company representative with the client and subcontractors during program execution, and negotiates changes to the scope of work with the client and subcontractors.
- · Oversees establishment of Project Execution Plan, Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/ Quality Control Plan, and other documents as required. Assesses project performance and implements resolutions to achieve project and client goals and objectives. Establishes the program requirements for all areas of the project, and monitors the draft and final deliverables for adherence to these criteria.
- · Plans, directs, supervises, and controls the execution of all business, technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the assigned project. Assigns responsibility for executing project plans to key subordinates after careful assessment of how to utilize their qualifications and strengths. Provides input to performance reviews and development plans for subordinates. Participates in the interview and selection process, including making hiring recommendations.
- · The NTCMS PM mobilizes company resources through liaison with support departments, other offices, or subsidiaries, to create project teams capable of completing effective, quality work. Works with other managers, project engineers, and discipline leads to develop budgets, schedules, and plans for the various elements of a project as required.
- · The NTCMS PM responds to Union concerns and works to resolve them.
- · Works with the key project individual to devise and execute actions plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work. Advises the client and company management of any such changes. The Project Manager is specifically responsible for maintaining current and timely change orders.
- · Promotes technical and commercial excellence on the project through application of Quality Assurance processes. Monitors and reports to management on the progress of all project activity within the program, including significant milestones and any conditions, which would affect project cost or schedule.
- A Masters degree in a related technical/business field
- Possesses up to 20 years of related Army experience, historical managerial oversight for projects with similar scope and complexity and/or combined with military service. Incumbent should have a broad general technical and business background.
- Previous Army Combat Training Center (CTC) experience, with knowledge of live fire operations, range operations, and training instrumentation capabilities. Experience with the Army’s Decisive Action Training Environment is highly desired.
- Possesses a clear understanding of the Army’s training methodology and After-Action Review process.
- Eligible for and ability to maintain a Top Secret clearance.