The primary function of this job is to support and grow our business by being the sales leader and technical expert for the OEM/Private Label Building & Construction business, which includes Window & Door Flashing Tapes and House-wrap Seam Tapes. Role requires strong technical knowledge and ability to articulate product requirements to internal development team for customer OEM developmental opportunities. This role requires a high level of industry relationship development and end user field time to understand the needs, requirements, and direction of not only our customers but the industry we serve overall.
- Grow sales through finding new customer targets, identifying new application opportunities, and growing deeper within existing accounts. Ongoing pipeline generation. Manage day to day sales operations for business.
- Communicate weekly with Director of Sales on sales activities and opportunities. Work closely to develop strategic and tactical sales plans and execute flawlessly.
- Communicate customer expectations to R&D and Product Management teams to support new product launches. Understand, gather, and communicate technical requirements of product needs, test criteria, approval path (code compliant documentation), field testing and ensure new products have support and buy-in from customer validation partners before launch.
- Prepare sales forecasts for budgeting process on an annual basis.
- Field customer complaints and ensure appropriate path is taken for quick resolution.
- Code body involvement- AAMA, FMA, AIA, ICC, IRC- represent Berry Global on key industry technical committees to learn how standards are changing and influence them. Network with key thought leaders and help establish Berry Global as a Key Thought Leader.
- Gather market information by interacting with customers and influencers in the market.
- Be the go-to technical expert for B&C Tapes. Provide support to customers and builders to answer technical questions around product performance for specific applications, competitive products, and performance against code requirements.
- Work with Product Management and Marketing Communication Manager to help develop:
- Training modules and product demos for end users, customers, architects, inspectors, and specifiers to help drive awareness, education and growth.
- Training for staff at production builders with installers, job site crews and inspectors.
- Work with Product Management to benchmark competitive products, ensuring the right products are tested for all necessary real world field applications, not just ASTM testing. Ensure testing is comprehensive, updated, and housed centrally for easy accessibility.
- Prepare and present analytical reports and presentations using "voice of the customer" and grounded assessments. Understand real world dynamics at end user and distributor level.
- Primary region- USA and Canada with potential International support as business evolves.
- Teamwork & Relationships - Strong customer focus. Ability to build successful relationships with customers and internal Berry functional teams. Collaborative. Team player with ability to influence without direct authority. Can provide and receive constructive feedback.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions. Knowledgeable of market and competition. Aligns work with strategic goals. Oriented to profitability. Develops workable plans and executes effectively. Helps meet sales and profitability goals. Able to analyze real world data.
- Initiative & Results Focused – Results oriented. Proven track record of closing new business. Plans own work effectively, independently, and with thoughtfulness, yet demonstrates a sense of urgency. Consults and inclusive with sales director where appropriate. Driven and goal oriented. Takes action independently and of own initiative. Demonstrated ability to prospect and identify viable targets.
- Critical Thinking – Implements tactical plans that can be successfully executed to achieve organizational goals and objectives. Understands organization's strengths and weaknesses. Analyzes market and competition. Effectively adapts responses to changing conditions.
- Technical Acumen – Strong ability to grasp complex technical details and data on products, codes and application needs. Ability to interpret the data for meaningful and effective communications for various audiences. Effectively stays abreast of changes in technology and codes that would impact business decisions.
- Judgment – Demonstrates sound and reliable judgment. Effectively manages opportunities with priorities and company limitations. Supports and explains reasoning for decisions. Includes appropriate people in decision making. Makes timely decisions. High integrity.
- Problem Solving –Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Can anticipate and effectively plan around potential problems or setbacks. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternatives. Works well in group problem solving situations. Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Written & Oral Communication Skills – Strong verbal and written skills to include effectively sharing thoughts in clear and organized way. Understands when summary versus heavy detail is needed. Reads audience and body language effectively to maximize productive meetings. Strong presentation skills. Participates and collaborates in meetings. Able to read and interpret written data and analysis.
- Bachelors degree in related engineering field or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years minimum of field technical sales experience, or equivalent
- Ability to develop successful relationships with customers and colleagues
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and verbal/written communication skills
- Presents oneself as a competent professional in words, actions, and demeanor
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interface with people at all levels in numerous functions
- Excellent customer relations skills to not only maintain but also build new business
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel, and Word, ability and willingness to learn new systems for Sales Management such as the Berry Global Sales Cloud.
- 50% travel requirement
- Home office preference along eastern or central states.